Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi all, I wonder what you're doing in your quilting life at present? Pop onto the forum and tell us what you're completing. Is it a quilt? Some embroidery? Some knitting or crochet. (I know all quilters like to dabble in other needlework genres).

Love to hear from you

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
K
I just read your review of Doubledipit. In it you mentioned the stack and whack quilt. I have blocks that I have had cut out for 6 years or so. I had chosen some bright veggies as well as I remember. It is unreal how you can turn the pieces in different ways to make unusual blocks. I guess I just could not decide which ones I liked best. I also have a star that I started about 15 years ago using red and green prints and an of offwhite tone on tone. My plans were to put it together with a block to match the offwhite that I had embroidered a redwork poinsettia on. Needless to say life got in the way. Hopefully this year will find me looking these up and attempting to finish them. I always enjoy reading what others are doing. Kathryne

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hey Kathryne, that star quilt is intriguing. Love to see a photo when it's completed. All the best

cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

C
C
iam trying to make a quilt . iembroidary a121/2 square f from dakota collectibles blooming beauty quilt. daisy blue center gold/. but don,t know yet if i will do all 12 blocks the same. i have till june to finish for a wedding gift what do you think?

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
As always, Connie, us quilters bite off more than we can chew. But go for it I say, you won't be the first or last quilter not to make a deadline! I've just about finished my daughters 21st Birthday quilt and she turns 30 in August this year LOL

cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

M
M
I am working on my daughter's Christmas present now, only three or four months late. I just have one more side to handstitch the binding, so she should get it for Easter. I know about deadlines!!
I am also working on a community project quilt, Farmers Wife blocks, and have a border to add to a quilt, then quilt it. I have too many projects at once, but I certainly don't get bored.

Maureen
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Please don't feel special about not making deadlines. I am just about to complete my daughters 21st birthday quilt, and she will be 30 in August. Can anyone beat that?

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

M
M
I do think you have me beat! I probably have some UFOs that old, but they weren't gifts.
Off to the quilt shop this afternoon. Good time ahead!

Maureen

Maureen
!
!
Good morning from Hansville, Washington. I am working on a Nine-Patch Pizzazz quilt and going a little nuts. I looked and looked for the right colors and finally found them, but in panel format. Thinking it would be OK I cut the pieces and then found I was hard pressed for focal fabric to nicely complete the nine patches. So, I'm struggling - hoping I'm just being too critical:).

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hello !glee59*, I think you can over worry your fabric choices. A long time ago I made a whole quilt blindfolded. Well, not literally. I placed all my scrap fabrics into a large brown paper bag and made myself (and believe me I really had to MAKE myself) use the scrap I pulled from the bag. The quilt turned out great and looked like I'd spent sooooo much time on fabric choices. I'm glad I learned that lesson early on in my quilting journey. All the best with your Pizzazz quilt.
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.