Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Norma Jo Doll, sankari, fashionvogues01, Deborah Carroll, LisaSh123
57141 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57142 Members
417 Forums
112867 Topics
798942 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 735
Beetlemess 548
Nancy Roussy 238
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 108
Mystic - Romance Movies 96
Dianne W - Editor 68
Tracy - Philosophy 67
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Karm - SW USA Editor 62
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#758108 - 04/19/12 10:48 PM Any tips on how long to keep make up
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Virginia
I have this one eyeliner, not sure how long I've had it. I'm thinking it might be time to throw it away, but I don't wear a lot of makeup and I finally found this one, but I can't remember where I bought it.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Add Any tips on how long to keep make up to Twitter Add Any tips on how long to keep make up to Facebook Add Any tips on how long to keep make up to MySpace Add Any tips on how long to keep make up to Del.icio.us Digg Any tips on how long to keep make up Add Any tips on how long to keep make up to Yahoo My Web Add Any tips on how long to keep make up to Google Bookmarks Add Any tips on how long to keep make up to Stumbleupon Add Any tips on how long to keep make up to Reddit
#759275 - 04/25/12 04:49 PM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Samantha - Beauty Basics Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Dianne,

If the eyeliner is still unopened, it should be fine for many years. Once products are opened, they will degrade since they've been exposed to air.

I usually keep pencil eyeliner for 2-3 years. If it's been a while since I've used it, I'll resharpen to expose new product.

If it's liquid (and has not dried up), I'd say 2 years should be safe.

I would go longer on foundation or blush, but don't like to take chances on any products that I'll be using close to my eyes.

Hope that helps!

Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Twitter Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Facebook Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to MySpace Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Stumbleupon Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Reddit
#759605 - 04/27/12 04:50 AM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
jodiemt Offline
Gecko

I use an eyeliner for 2-3 years maximum.

Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Twitter Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Facebook Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to MySpace Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Stumbleupon Add Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up to Reddit
#759613 - 04/27/12 10:45 AM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Virginia
Great advice, thanks so much...I really should start paying attention!

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#770324 - 06/27/12 07:17 PM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
BRTCskincare Offline

You should only keep products for 3-4 months. Although they have a longer shelf life, they are meant to be used before that. Generally someone who uses mascara (for example) every day will not have it for 2 years. It will be gone by then. you should be really careful with anything that is going near your eye and use only new products.

#772147 - 07/09/12 02:17 PM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Tania Jack Offline

If you are using natural cosmetics, these should be thrown out sooner. Regular cosmetics contain ingredients that do help prolong shelf life.

#772281 - 07/09/12 09:53 PM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Encore DT Offline
Gecko

Most store-bought makeup will last for years, as long as it is stored in a "cool, dry place" at room temperature, just as most labels say.

#774626 - 07/24/12 08:47 AM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Ezine_LVer Offline

Loc: LA
I throw away my eyeliner every half a year before. Now i don't use it. Find it is troublesome.

#774631 - 07/24/12 09:13 AM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Sarena Offline

I use pencil eyeliner since last 2 years.

#781669 - 09/08/12 04:01 AM Re: Any tips on how long to keep make up [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Latesha143 Offline

I keep mine for 1 year then I toss it after. There was a time that I continued using my eyeliner and mascara for more quite awhile since I don't really use it that often, I ended up having a sty on my lower eyelid. the doctor told me it can be caused by bacteria which can come from cosmetics. It was awkward, going through my meetings wearing sun glasses in doors! lol....

Edited by Latesha143 (09/08/12 04:02 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 10:36 AM
Online shopping
by Emily Roxin
Women's Fashion
Today at 10:35 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
Today at 09:58 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 09:50 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 09:47 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
Today at 09:45 AM
Stabilize Your Life with ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:27 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 07:34 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 07:32 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 07:31 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 117 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.