Peeps romping by the river...

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
That was beautiful, I could almost hear the harmonic balance. The sun calls me to go forth and reduce neighbor puppy waste. Oh! There is a note on my door, the road is being dug up, my sidewalk, all my hedges...can they do that? All on account of the new water park that will be a short stone's throw from my house.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Oh no! They are going to dig up your hedges? Will they replace them?

I have to go help my brother do more painting in his house. We are just finishing up downstairs then have to start upstairs....so much work!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
The house was built in 1885, I have a plat map showing tree and hedge locations. These hedges are very old and were nowhere near the sidewalk or the street when they were planted. They are big, filled in, and provide privacy, especially with a corner lot and it will be the main drag to the new water park. This city replace them,I doubt it, but I am not going to be placid about the whole thing.

Enjoy your painting. I love to paint. I get to daydream all I want when doing yard work or painting lol. The yard is ready for the weekend. I just picked my rosemary my hands smell so good!

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
What are your thoughts about dragons? Is there always some truth in myths? Was the concept of dragon something made up because what they actually saw was so horrifying the brain just refused to acknowledge it? Was the dragon more of a serpent? What are your thoughts about the dragon?

How many people would like a dragon as an exotic pet? I know I would, if it is the critter that is molded in my fantasies.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I have often wondered the same thing. Where did the concept of the dragon come from. The myth is certainly far and wide, known in many countries for many years.

If it is Puff, or like the Dragon's of Pern, or even Eragon I would love to have a dragon.

C
Shark
Shark
C
I guess many of us grew up in the Puff the Magic dragon era. I read the Eragon books but didn't watch the movie. If these were the choice for dragons, who wouldn't want a pet dragon? But, if they are mean and evil? They can stay in the dark world if that is where they came from.

I just signed on and saw an ad above that says 'Online Degrees'. I could swear when I first looked it said 'Online Dragons'...

I have dragons on my mind today. Even in the wispy clouds I saw some dragons flying up there. Maybe I need a nap. smile

Would I have a dragon for a pet? I think so, as long as it was a gentle one like Puff. I even like that dragon in the Shrek movie -- you know...the one that fell in love with Donkey.

I think there are all kinds of dragons, some good, some not so good. Dragons are symbolic of longevity, wisdom, and magic.

I do believe there are truths hidden within myths, Diana. If one reads William B. Yeats book, The Celtic Twilight, and Lady Gregory's book, of Complete Irish Mythology, one will begin to ponder about just how much truth there is in myths. smile

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I think I will get both those books the next time I get by the library. The subject really fascinates me. I love pondering the whys and hows of past civilizations. I also wonder about some of the objects and writings that will lead to the eventual myths of our era. Do you realize how horrendous a tanning booth could be perceived? I saw that one in Reader's Digest, it did make me laugh but there is a lot of truth to it. BRB got to feed me dragon smile

C
Shark
Shark
C
I have been thinking about this dragon business since wrote your story. If it was a hollow bone it had to be bird like in nature. Could that mean they would love and care for their young like birds? Maybe dragons could be of a gentle nature. What do you think?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.