Print Thread
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I love to have fun on the Sandwiches Forum. The Sandwiches Name Game is a lot of fun. People are so creative!

Have you had a good sandwich from a restaurant lately? Is there a place in your town that makes just the very best (you fill in the blank here) sandwich that you've ever had?

This is the place to let the world know! Post the name and address of the restaurant. Be sure to tell what town and country that it is in. Then, let us know what yummy sandwich you ate there.

Who knows? When we travel, maybe we can stop by!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
This is where I get to start this thread in the Heart of America. I

In Fort Scott, Kansas there is a diner called the Nu Grille. It has a fantastic Pork Tenderloin. Their hamburgers are made from real mounds of ground beef! If you want a side to go with your tenderloin or burger, go for the onion rings. They are simply the best. Be warned--a small order covers a dinner plate. The prices are very reasonable.

This diner has been in business since 1946. It is clear that they know how to take care of business!

They are just off Highway 69. Here's the name and address:

Nu Grille, 24 North National Avenue, Fort Scott, Kansas 66701
(620) 223-9949 .

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

Koala
Koala
Sounds like a very interesting thread. I'd love to find the "perfect" Monte Crisco and Ruben sandwich. Hint hint smile

I will have to give some thought to where I have found the best sandwiches in my travels. I can think of a couple of worsts smile

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
John Ascuaga's Nugget in Sparks, Nevada makes an awesome Monte Cristo in their coffee shop.

I love a Ruben sandwich. I sometimes replace the corned beef with hot dogs or an Italian sausage.

One of my favorite sandwiches is from the Winco deli in South Reno, Nevada. I do not know what they call it (my brother always buys it). It has salami, ham, cheese with a red garlic sauce similar to spaghetti sauce. Yummy!

The best Hot Pastrami sandwich I have ever had is from a little deli in Boulder Creek, California way up in the Santa Cruz mountians. They douse it with olive oil. It has been years since I had it, but the memory of the taste is divine.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Koala
Koala
I have been through Sparks NV so many times going between California and the Midwest. It almost sounds worth the trip. I hadn't thought about changing the Ruben but the Italian Sausage sounds wonderful.

My very first Monte Cristo was in either Florida or California at a little restaurant in Disney World or Disney Land. I just can't remember which one. It was very dark, starry and beautiful. I believe it was near the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I have been searching for the perfect sandwich since.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A regional specialty from Guadalajara, Jalisco that are wicked good are "Tortas Ahogadas." Bolillos are normally filled with fried pork (or sometimes chicken), onions, and other vegetables and then dipped, oftentimes totally submerged in a tomato/chili sauce (typically, chile de arbol). The name literally means "drowned torta/sandwich." Exceedingly messy to eat but well worth it!

Last edited by Les-Mexico/Birds; 04/02/12 07:34 PM.
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Sounds sloppy-good!

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.