Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Food stamps poll!

Would you use food stamps?
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/04/11 01:24 AM
Last edited by Jilly; 06/05/11 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Something interesting about food stamps is that you can buy as much candy as you like with them, but not vitamins... shocked

I have food stamps they are such a big help every month

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
The only issue I have with the system is that some folks are selling their food stamps(lol).

There has to be a better system to control this. They did away with the old way of issuing paper and now do the debit card. The change was suppose to decrease this illegal activity. But folks now go shopping as a group and pass around the debit card (with the code)...

And there are folks out there that NEED the help and do not qualify for it????

Great subject Jilly and I am so glad you are getting this help Rosie - you and Asia deserve all the help you can get smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Angela, that is terrible about people selling food stamps. Arg, why do ppl have to try to ruin the system for everyone?

Rosie that is great you can get the food stamps. I have used them before and am applying for them again. It should go through and then I will have $200 a month to spend on food products and food plants. I can't wait. i am already making lists of some fresh food i can buy. smile

What kinds of things do you get with the stamps? Also, do you combine coupons with them?

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This friday I am bringing in my food stamp application in to DDS. Hopefully i can get the emergency food stamps right away, without having to wait a month. I will report on how that goes!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I got the food stamps! I even got the emergency food stamps, which means right away and not having to wait a month!

I had to wait in line at the DES office for an hour and a half, but the interview only took ten minutes, and I walked right out with a food card. they did take my fingerprints and a photo to verify it's me.

This morning my food card has $200 on it for me to spend on food products! I am so excited to go buy something. Like cheese! You never get cheese from the food banks. smile

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I tried once to get them and I was turned down. I am not working (but looking for work), and because when I applied I lived with my boyfriend, I had to include his income. He was disabled and did not get much from social security every month, and I felt badly that he was paying for my food. His income was very low and meant for one person to survive, but I was denied the stamps. I really think it is not fair. I made NO money and he was on a very small fixed income. Maybe it is just due to the rules and regulations of my state, but it seems that the criteria to qualify is much too tough. I really could have used the help, then and now. I just don't feel like going through that lengthy questionnaire process again now that my boyfriend has died. As of today I am still out of work too.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Cassie: I think you should do it again. It took me a year to get them, mainly because I have trouble rounding up paperwork and connecting with them for the phone interview. This was my third attempt - it worked this time because i actually went in person to the interview with all the papers. The other two attempts were by mail, and i guess they are more inclined to decline you that way. I don't know why. I was so pleasantly surprised at how well the actual in person thing went. I am so happy to now have the ability to buy myself some food instead of relying solely on the food pantries!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
What's nice about food stamps these days is that the money is all accessed from a 'credit card'. It just looks like you are swiping your plastic when you pay at the register. No actual stamps to deal with. It's not obvious in anyway that you are on food stamps, unless someone knows exactly what the food stamp card looks like.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.