Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
fit4fashion, ashjoielee, johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst
57308 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57309 Members
417 Forums
113288 Topics
803698 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 550
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 369
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 268
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 55
Nancy Roussy 53
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#753569 - 03/27/12 01:15 PM Trusting Your Intuition
Lauren_D'Silva Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Wales, & Glastonbury, Somerset...
My latest article is about learning to trust your intuition. Whenever I've gone against my intuition I've tripped up, so I've learned to respect this inner guidance!

Trusting Your Intuition
Touchstones Therapies
Crystal Therapy

Add Trusting Your Intuition to Twitter Add Trusting Your Intuition to Facebook Add Trusting Your Intuition to MySpace Add Trusting Your Intuition to Del.icio.us Digg Trusting Your Intuition Add Trusting Your Intuition to Yahoo My Web Add Trusting Your Intuition to Google Bookmarks Add Trusting Your Intuition to Stumbleupon Add Trusting Your Intuition to Reddit
#753623 - 03/27/12 03:21 PM Re: Trusting Your Intuition [Re: Lauren_D'Silva]
JOY ( Self Development ) Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: England, UK

Hi Lauren, I enjoyed your article! Joy

Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Twitter Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Facebook Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to MySpace Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Trusting Your Intuition Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Stumbleupon Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Reddit
#753643 - 03/27/12 05:03 PM Re: Trusting Your Intuition [Re: JOY ( Self Development )]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
Hi Lauren,

Great article! I can relate. As an HR manager, I do a lot of interviewing and help a lot of supervisors with interviewing and candidate selection. There are times when certain candidates just raise a "red flag" for me. They look great on paper, they may have even had good answers to the questions, but there is something about them. A phrase, stray comment... Whenever I decide to ignore that "feeling" it always comes back to bite me. Every - single - time.

A couple of times I tested it. I didn't tell the hiring supervisor my concern because I didn't want to "taint" their opinion of the candidate. They hired the person and my concerns came into fruition. I even hired staff reporting directly to me when my intuition was screaming "don't do it!" Well we all know how that tale goes.

Anyway, great article and thanks for adding validity to "that feeling."

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Twitter Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Facebook Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to MySpace Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Trusting Your Intuition Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Stumbleupon Add Re: Trusting Your Intuition to Reddit
#753816 - 03/28/12 07:39 AM Re: Trusting Your Intuition [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Lauren_D'Silva Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Thanks Joy and Dianne

Yes absolutely you can make excellent choices when using your intuition, which some 'equal ops' types would no doubt be furious about!

Some years ago I was in the position of being party to a recruitment process where I would be working closely with the chosen person, but the candidates were only being introduced to me, I wasn't part of the interview. I felt a clear warning vibe about the 'stronger' candidate, but was not listened to when I expressed my concerns. Suffice it to say my vibes were spot on about her!
Touchstones Therapies
Crystal Therapy

#788308 - 10/18/12 04:54 AM Re: Trusting Your Intuition [Re: Lauren_D'Silva]
shelikes2read Offline

I have learned, the hard way, not to discount the utterings of what I call "the little voice". Through trial and error (and error and error, lol), I have learned to recognize when it's The Little Voice speaking up, and when it's just a stray thought. I have lived to regret ignoring those impressions when they crop up.

I was talking to a friend a few years ago, and she described how she was driving home from work -- a long commute -- when she noticed the battery indicator on the dashboard flicker on briefly. She was on a highway that, had she continued, was about to lead her onto a bridge that crosses the Delaware River.

She got a strong sense to get off the highway and pull into the nearest parking lot. Specifically, she wanted to avoid being on the bridge if the car should suddenly break down.

Fortunately, she heeded the warning and took the next exit ramp, instead of crossing the bridge. She did manage to make it safely to a parking area where she was away from the rush-hour traffic. But not before the car started playing up terribly. Once she stopped in the parking lot, the car refused to start again. Turns out the alternator went kaput.

If she had ignored that urge to avoid the bridge and get off the highway, the car most likely would have gone PFFT while crossing the bridge, which would have caused a monster traffic jam at best, an accident at worst. When she described that internal urge to me, I said, "That's it! That's 'the little voice'!" I'm always glad to help others identify when their own version of The Little Voice is manifesting itself. There would be far fewer headaches in the world if everyone recognized and accepted that we all have this capability -- and then listened to the voice when it speaks up.

#788317 - 10/18/12 06:07 AM Re: Trusting Your Intuition [Re: Lauren_D'Silva]
jenniechan Offline
Gecko

Lovely article Lauren. I liked the way you have explained that how can we learn to listen to our intuition.

#788324 - 10/18/12 06:54 AM Re: Trusting Your Intuition [Re: shelikes2read]
Lauren_D'Silva Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Absolutely! That little voice has come in for me to help with everything between avoiding minor irritation to absolute catastrophe. Potentially it is a true life saver, so listen up to your Self folks!
Touchstones Therapies
Crystal Therapy

#788707 - 10/21/12 01:55 AM Re: Trusting Your Intuition [Re: Lauren_D'Silva]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

It took me a very, very, very long time to discern my intuition because as a child, I was raised to doubt myself. The well-meaning people around me taught me to seek outwardly for advice and direction, namely THEM. LOL. I was just a child so what did I know? They made me feel as though I was crazy when I saw ghosts or felt and knew things that I shouldn't have known.

It was very hard for me to trust my own feelings when I was raised to be a pleaser and put everyone else's feelings before my own. It didn't help at all that I am empathic so I absorbed everyone else's energies around me, including their feelings.

This really made my life confusing and difficult. When things got really hard, however, there it was: that little spark inside. I finally get how to discern what is my own intuition and what is incoming feelings from others. It helps immensely although I still slip up on occasion and think, "Ugh, why didn't I go with my first gut feeling?"

There is a still small voice that is so so quiet and my own thoughts are loud. I'm finally getting it. I have to be still to feel the true peace that comes with following my intuition. No doubt.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Moderator:  Lauren_D'Silva 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
8 minutes 9 seconds ago
Body image in the fashion industry
by EmmaIsherwood
Body Image
41 minutes 8 seconds ago
Birth control without the uncomfy "check-up"
by fit4fashion
Gynecology
Today at 12:50 PM
Online thrifting! Designer clothes starting at $5!
by fit4fashion
Frugal Living
Today at 12:46 PM
Server Problems
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Crochet
Today at 12:11 PM
New game - Quote it
Creativity
Today at 12:09 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 12:04 PM
Boston Bruins afghan pattern to crochet
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
Today at 10:56 AM
I Am Back Online
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 09:28 AM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 09:19 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Susan - Meditation Editor), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.