Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Artist Gerhard Richter celebrated his 80th birthday last month and a retrospective of his work is currently in Berlin. My husband saw it there a few days ago, but my daughter and I went to see it when it was in the Tate Modern in London. This video is about the exhibition in the New National Gallery in Berlin (and is in German), but you can still see the pictures. I found it interesting to see the works in a quite different gallery. (Tate Modern is a converted power station!)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Thanks for that link Mona, it was really interesting to see Gerhard Richter's work in that setting. Loved the way they had arranged everything, it was all so simple but flowed and showed his works to their best advantage.

Saw some of his work in Dusseldorf ages ago, but this collection, and the way it is presented, is impressive. Hopefully it will introduce him to others who might not have heard of him so far, he is well known in Germany but it seems not so much outside, which is a shame, he is multi-talented.

The New National Gallery in Berlin is an amazing place, it really is a 'temple of light and glass', which marries perfectly with the 20th century art it covers, and the collections it houses are just out of this world. Bet your husband enjoyed his visit. I spend hours there every time.

The gallery was designed by German architect Mies van der Rohe, who was born March 27, 1886, and today is his 126th anniversary so he has his own very cleverly designed GoogleDoodle. Put it on the German Culture FB fan page this morning because it just summed up his work, he was years ahead of his time.

A great video, thanks.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.