Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I need to mentally prepare myself for this divorce. Dan is now leaving in about 20 days. I gave my rings to my mother to sell for me, but i miss them. I really like them, but there is zero point in keeping them, correct?

Sad feelings.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Jilly,

I sold my rings from my first marriage. I actually still have the rings from my second marriage. They are in box with other jewelry. I was going to give them to my daughter or son when they got married, not that the rings are worth much - but good to have if the kids can't afford to get something right away...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne, how did you sell your rings? Classified ad, jewelry store, pawn shop?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I held on to my wedding bands for over a year after the divorce. I just was not ready to part with them. Eventually finances dictated that I sell them, and so I did at a pawn shop that offered me more money than the local jewelers. It was a sad day when I sold them.......I walked out of there and I cried. I had to survive and I needed the money, but letting the rings go was just one more way that I had to let go of the lost marriage. I am better with it now, several months later, but it certainly was hard to part with the rings that meant so much at one time, and only because I was still in love with my ex-husband when we divorced. Not everyone feels the same after a divorce, obviously.

I still have the diamond engagement ring only because I can't sell it. Nobody wants to buy marquis shaped diamonds anymore because they are not popular. So here I sit with a ring that was purchased for approximately $1500 and I can't get $100 for it. A shame. I won't wear it again and it just sits in my jewelry box.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Jilly,
The first set I sold at the pawn shop. Like Cassie67, I needed the money. It also seemed like less hassle and much quicker then the classified.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I had tried ebay to sell the rings but I had no luck, and the pawn shop sale was quick, easy, and convenient.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I still have my old wedding band and will pass to one of the kids as it is thin and not much financial value. The engagement ring I gave to a 3rd world charity.

T
T
i have the collection of my old rings..

C
C
Hi Jilly,
First, I'm sorry that you are going through difficult times -- divorce can be very traumatic regardless of the underlying cause(s).

After about four years, I took our rings (plain gold bands) to a coin/pawn shop and sold them for their gold weight. I wasn't sad or upset. I went and bought a new pair of shoes!!!

Maybe it is too soon to sell? I recommend waiting until you are no longer attached to them and will have no regrets.

Warm regards,
carleen

Carleen D Sanchez
Hispanic Culture
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Carleen, that is good you got a nice pair of shoes!

I gave the good ring to my mom to sell at her antique booth, and who knows? I might get something from it. If I was going to do the ring thing again, I'd certainly go used and buy something like what Debbie can't sell. I'm not sure there are actually reasons to buy new rings with all the wonderful choices already out there.

I did give the wedding band to my mom to sell, but i missed it and asked for it back. It's actually an anniversary ring with little bagette diamonds and has an "Elvish" feel to the design. It's very modest and I missed wearing it. My other rings are all inexpensive silver or costume jewelry and I missed having something 'real' to wear all the time. Anyway, it can pass for just a pretty little gold ring, so I do wear that again.

Does it remind me of Dan? Yes. Not really in a bad way though.

The bigger ring is harder to deal with since that one, to me, says 'married'. It's a rock on a gold band.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
You could take the stone out and remount it to your personal like. I did that and put the stone, it was pretty big (3 k + diamonds on the sides) into an antique setting.

I know what you mean about wanting to wear a genuine stone. Most of my jewelry I find at flea markets or it's costume. But every now and then I find a real gem. It's nice to have a little something of your own, like a little treasure chest you can go through when you want that little something extra special to wear smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
V
Wolf
Wolf
V
I still have my wedding rings from my 1st marriage and we've been divorced for 15 years! I even have his wedding ring! I also still have a diamond ring he gave me for some occassion. I had thought about giving them to our children or grandchildren. Our elementary school had a gold fundraiser last year and I was going to donate his ring to that but it slipped my mind. They will probably sit in my jewelry box forever.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elleise, exactly on the little secret treasure idea. I am not a big jewelry girl, but i like having a nice, everyday piece.

F
F
Hi Jilly, Did you get rid of any of your rings yet? I just sold mine the other day at a jewelry store. The guy was a gemologist and knew what my ring was before he even looked at the appraisal. I only got 1/2 of what was paid for it, but that included some other gold jewelry as well. I've been separated for 16 mos. and need to pay lawyer fees! Good luck in whatever you decide.

Simple; the day I found out that my husband had put our marriage down the toilet with his cheating ways, I flushed our wedding rings and my engagement ring down the toilet. It was a most fitting ceremony, lol. We are still married, and it's a long story. One day I'll post it. Oh and my husband bought me a much more expensive wedding ring with flawless diamonds embedded into it. If he lets me down again, and he won't, again long story, I would leave this ring to my eldest daughter. Blessings Margaret

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hi guys. I wear one and am consigning the other. We will see if anyone wants it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.