#751780 03/17/12 09:54 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
I recently went back into staffing travel nurses. I am envious of the ability to be able to work choice assignments all across the nation and in some other countries. To me, it has the potential to be a "working vacation" and also the chance to try living in an area first where you might want to settle down.

Still, there is not enough money in the world to get me to be a nurse. It is definitely a calling. I respect and admire those who choose this occupation.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
Lyn,

I spent many years as a travel nurse and an agency/registry nurse. I loved the flexibility and used my travel assignments not just for working vacations, but to help care for my father when he was dying. I could not afford to just stop working when my father was at the end of his life, so I got a travel assignment at the very hospital he was in and was able to see him almost every day and be there as he left this world.

I can't imagine doing anything else with my life but be a nurse. Now I am a nurse educator and also in school getting a long awaited doctoral degree, but nursing isn't what I do - it is truly who I am.

I agree that nursing is a calling. I thank God every day that He gave me the skills to be a nurse. I would not want to be anything other than that - ever. But I've heard people who are architects, or engineers, or whoever say that they also love their job and just can't figure out how I can be so passionate about nursing. To be honest, I think the same ting about them!

I tell people the following and its not just a saying, it is truly who I am

Nursing is not just what I do, it is truly who I am.

Lyn, thanks for working with those travel nurses. I know that the staffing department from the company I used to work with were my best friends and great people! I'm sure you are one of those great people as well!

God bless

Lorraine Hover
MSN, BA, RN
Nursing Editor BellaOnline.com
www.BellaOnline.com/site/nursing

Nurses' hands do God's work here on Earth
D
D
I agree that nursing is certainly a calling for many people. It's just that some people are born to do a certain thing I believe. Some people are born to be nurses, some are born to join the police force, some are born to be architects and so-on. I know several travel nurses, and we've often spoke about the enjoyment of being able to work in different locations. Obviously the travel isn't for everyone but if it is for you and you of course love the nursing profession then I'd highly recommend it. Lorraine, the story about working in the hospital with your father is very touching. It must have been such an emotional time but fantastic that you could spend time with him. Debbie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.