Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
To AnciantFlaxmen.,
On your expose to change, you forgot to mention the genocyde going on.Does that mean that change has to be brutal,heartless.vindicative.I ask You?

loong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Dave, i am trying to sort out what you are saying. Do you mean we need to move on from the DL and find something new? Or that it's a good thing that Tibet is essentially destroyed because of the 'cutting of the purse strings' concept?

I am not judging or thinking badly on your comments; just working this out for myself. I am sure I am totally misunderstanding.

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
I do not believe in taking life myself but that doesn't mean that there are people out there that share my same views. People of both anti religious as well as religious camps have been responsible for mass murders throughout history. They somehow justify it within their own mind.

What I was meaning is that we cannot do anything about what others do. We can only be responsible for ourselves no matter how earthshaking the event. It may just be possible that the cosmos is telling us that either an era has ended or that a mindset must be changed.

Jilly, for any culture or people to be murdered is beyond my understanding. Sometimes a very dark event accompanies a change for whatever reason. That is beyond our doing. If however people are being murdered and the world doesn't seem to be able to stop it then what are we going to do but to try to examine what is really going on?? If a change in the mindset of the inhabitants of a region will save the rest of the group from being slaughtered then that will be ushered in.

We sometimes cry, weep, moan, and anguish over things that sometimes we cannot change so we have to look deeper within to try to find a resolve. Many times going underground and keeping a belief system secret is the only way of saving it and thusly your own life. Some kind of change must be made. If one way doesn't work then we have to try another or we will all become dinosaurs or martyrs.

One of my very best friends is a Shao Lin Kung Fu master from mainland China. He is Buddhist but no one around him would ever know it. He does not speak of it yet enjoys life and his religion is practiced in secret. There is a couple right here in my little town of 600 that is Buddhist yet they know what the consequences might be if others besides the ones that they trust knew who they were. People right here in my own town fought me spiritually when they found out that I had moved in. They knew that I was a spiritualist with Witchcraft as well as Christian tendencies which they still cannot wrap their head around. I have nothing to hide and no fear of death so what could they do to me anyway. We don't live in a country where being from a different religion is illegal but if it was, my course of action would probably be different. I would probably do my readings, rituals, and healing work more in a secretive mode thusly not opening myself up to attack. We must evolve and change as it is needed. I hope that your questions have been answered. dave

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
I forgot a few things. Please allow me to add them.

I look at this thing of persecution a little differently than others may. Some of my own family was killed in earlier days for having their own belief system. If we were pursued in one region we fled to another. If a relative was killed we wept but soon went on. There was basically no resting place as the church in those days had eyes and ears all over Europe at the time. I know exactly how the Jews felt during the holocaust!!! Despite the horrors of what we faced we found out what real love was all about and what acceptance really was right within our own family. At one time the Catholic church was our mortal enemy. Today my other half is Catholic and I even attend with her at times because I look for the mysticism as well as the ancient ritualism within the mass and see what I need to see even if no one else attending can see the same thing that I do. This all came about through evolution and change. It was not easy, in fact it was damn hard at times yet it had to be done to be as it is today.

If a belief system became under attack in this country people would either have to change, go underground, or face the possible end of life. It is so easy to speak of a belief system until one has to indeed face dire persecution within their own land.. dave

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
To Anciant Flaxman,

You are a very well read person.I do not have your easyness with words ,my vocabulary is restricted,self thought.However the more a person has a way with words ,the easier it is to not answer a question,asked.Speak to me about the future genocide of the remaining Tibetans.You speak of 3 choices.The Tibetan people are a people that had almost no army when attacked in 49.They were
without insulting the Tibetan people,a bit retrograd as far as modern things were happening around the world.They were happy to live this simple ,pure religious life.

So if I go on with the choices, first change,they will not.
go undergound,come on man, the only survivors are already underground,I love the beautiful words you used to say be slaughtered.

How many more lives do you expect to be taken?

Loong

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Loong, Does it really matter if my language is a tub of krapp or is as eloquent as that of Goethe?? Who gives a rip! Loong, I am a reader and have been since probably before you were born. You are very pushy with Buddhism. I AM NOT looking to hurt you here. It is imperative that you deal with people with gentleness and with a beckoning spirit. I may deal with others completely inappropriately at times but after I make an attempt to fix the situation and I make the necessary change within myself.. The Great Buddha is totally merciful and humble. He has my ultimate respect even though I do not profess Buddhism as one of my belief systems.

People would like to get to know the gentler you. Show a few of us your fuzzy underbelly. Maybe by seeing a deeper side of you, then what you have to say will flow with far greater depth. If you believe that I am against you you would be totally off neither do I want you to shut up as there is more to you than just religion. your friend, dave

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
To ancient Flaxman,

Show me where i used words regarding Buddhism.By the way ,I am 65
I do not think that you are against me. But slaugther is slaughter. People seem afraid of real words.Also buddhism in my case is not a religion but a philosophy.
What do you want me to show you?

Important for me ,to say is ,I did not bring the word Buddhism
you did.

With respect
loong

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Hey, We're the same age, you sound younger, oh well whatever. I laid down for a little rest and thoughts came to me about your people.
I deal with individuals that have a lot of problems in life. Not nearly as many now-days as I used to. In doing so I have found that if people don't want to change they are usually doomed. Loong, its just a fact of life. If we cannot do so we wither and constrict.

I need to ask you a question please. You have more of an insight than I do about Buddha. Please tell me what He would think of his people defending themselves in a spiritual manner and possible being equipped with "unseen" armaments. I am speaking other than the martial arts and chi gong. I am speaking of the ability of the spiritual soul to move storms, or accomplish noticeable physical changes at a distance in an unseen manner? Do you know what I am talking about? If not please tell me so I can explain. Often I am unable to put into words what I really mean. It may be a real feeble attempt on my behalf here and fail miserably but if we don't discuss it we may miss something here. dave

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
To Dave,

Those are called supramondane powers,those I possess.

loong

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Thank you,that is what I wanted to know. Five centuries ago and there-after my family had to learn of these things or none of us would have survived. We had to change and grow into a different realm in order to defend ourselves.

The female lion is of lesser stature than the male and even though he is more muscular she is more cunning, quicker, and deadly in direct confrontation. I am just spewing some trivia here so bear with me. We had to learn about the gentler or seemingly weaker side of the spirit world in order to learn what true power was.

I encourage you to go to the Goddess site as Phyllis suggested earlier in a post and go back several years to where it began. Take it up to date. It is probably not all that exciting and some of it is lengthy and may have little significance to this situation but I am asking this as a favor if you would please. There are some things buried there that may shed some light upon a little band of people who were very alone and afraid of a treacherous world around them. There were casualties yet some of them made it.

The word Tara is a precious word with the Irish as so many of them were forced off of their land and almost driven to extinction many years ago. Tara is also a precious mother who is very cognizant of and a defender of Her own. She is the "mother of liberation."

All people upon this earth have the right to be here and no power above, on, or beneath it will dictate a variance from this fact. Some just need the necessary tools. Blessings to you Loong

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.