Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#751193 03/14/12 06:06 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Often, we are not unhealthy because we do not know what to do to be healthier. We are unhealthy because of underlying issues we are not dealing with. So, being healthy has to be looked at from many different angles.

Take a look at your whole health; that is, mental health, physical health, spiritual health, emotional health, and financial health. Where are you feeling stuck? What are you not attending to?

We can use this forum to encourage each other to create new healthy habits each month, one at a time. Together we can tackle each of our health categories until we have habitually healthy lifestyles.

So, 1st things 1st, decide what category of your health needs the most attention at this time.

What new habits are you wishing to acquire these days? Pick one and get going.

I have decided to forego efforts toward my eating and exercise habits for awhile and tackle my passion, writing.

How about you?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
Yvonnie,

You are very correct. I know what I should and shouldn't eat....I know I should work-out, etc. Frustrations in my life were emotionally draining and causing me to neglect me. I have decided that I will no longer be drawn into other people's problems and issues (sometimes difficult)and will concentrate more on getting my life back together.

Our office is now dieting together and is very supportive of each other. I am making small strides to exercise, making financial budgets and devoting much more time to writing. Slowly, the focus is starting to come back.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Lyn,

Focusing on my writing is beginning to put things into perspective for me. I find that drinking 36 ounces of water (before any other intake), eating raw greens, and taking supplements, are automatic when I am writing.

Writing is reflective and therapeutic for me. I am blessed to have the opportunity to indulge. Yet, like so many, I tend to take care of others before I take care of myself. Therefore, my writing (my passion) is the last thing tended to. As a result, I am more stressed and indulging in habits that are habitually unhealthy.

Keep me posted on your success Lyn.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It has been 9 days since I started my new habit of writing daily. I have stuck with it, journaling, even on vacation.

I am enjoying getting more focused and appreciating my life more. I am eating better, working out daily and drinking more water.

I guess the reason is, I feel less stressed since I am not focused on the surface items. It's as if I have been allowed to quit one of my jobs.

How's it going for everyone else?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I write all the time in my journals. I have a couple of them going right now.

I am trying to get my life back together. I need a job badly and that has to be my focus, but it is hard for me because I have some emotional issues I am dealing with. I am grieving over the loss of my dear boyfriend who passed a couple of months ago. He was young and not well, but his death was unexpected. We lived together, and dealing with the loss is an every day thing for me. I am dealing with the grief a bit better overall, but my nights are still tough. It is all I can do to get through my day sometimes, let alone look for work.

One day at a time....

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
balancing the chemicals in my cheap wal-mart special above ground pool... changing from round up to bayer bush killer for some wicked persistent weeds that prevent the viewing of verdant nature in all of her glory... asking god why is there weeds, and foul insects side by side with the most precious and adorable buddypies who are courting.. there so pretty !!! the yellow ones and the white ones... they dance while they fly !!! wondering when the mate of the turtledove is going to return 'cause the baby is lonely... wondering why the pedigree siamese kitty cocoa behaves so much more differnently than the heinz 57 kitty cats... she actually was lead to us by the abused kitty dusty... kinda an aumage to dusty sprinfield -- god that woman could sing but had extreme difficulty with men.... n-away <anyway> I gotta go.. brain tripping with 1000s of years of human culture with a hypertechnological society who has the ability to destroy itself justaposed with the human spirit revivified by the divine spirit therefore be ye perfect as your father in heaven is perfect -- for mine eyes are to pure to behold and form of anything less that perfect divine love, wisdom and power manifest from on high here below...

comment if you dare to unravel the mystery of being...

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I am enjoying and inspired by my energy-lowering research right now. I love having a topic to explore in detail, and to set goals for it and see steady results. Tomorrow I will have my first household solar panel! All of this is really fun for me.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Cool!

I need to research and invest in lowering our energy costs. My husband always insists that a solar panel in Chicago will not do much.

In my mind I saw an episode of 'Living With Ed' and someone had installed tiny wind turbine things on their roof that created energy for the house.

Thanks for the reminder Jilly.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yvonnie, you seem like a great candidate for a wind turbine. They come in very small compact units for houses these days, and are really affordable.

Wind actually puts out much more wattage than solar as a rule!

I just have ample sunshine here in AZ. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Cool Jilly!

I kept thinking I saw such a concept, but wasn't sure. I will definitely look into it and keep you posted.

Thanks again Jilly!

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:37 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:26 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/21/24 01:27 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.