Print Thread
Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Good Morning Coffee Friends smile

Another ridiculously beautiful day here in Southern California. It's supposed to be in the low 80s - so sandal weather still wink

My daughter and I will be giving the house a good cleaning today and tomorrow in preparation for a house guest next week for our Thanksgiving break.

I also found some old candy dishes my family used to use when I was very young. I've decided to send them to my sister because her kids are still pretty young, and it'll be fun to create a tradition with them - hopefully making it likely that one of them will claim the dishes into their family once they are adults. They were in my mom's stuff when we packed up her home. Maybe I should ask her for the story about them before I ship them off - that way my sister has the story to pass along.

It's funny, I'm really enjoying the holiday music, but I'm SOOOOO not ready for December 1st to get here. I want it to be October 15 again.

Mona, I hope you get some sunshine soon smile And YAY on that article. I love that excitement too.... of getting the article nearly there... knowing it's filled with such potential.

Have a great day everyone!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Good afternoon/evening, coffee friends

It didn't rain much today, but the temperature was less than half what Deanna is getting in southern California. But still warmer than Colorado where they've had lots of snow.

This evening I went with a friend to walk around the "Enchanted Woodland". This is done each pre-Christmas in the gardens of Syon Park, the west London pied-a-terre of the Duke of Northumberland.

I've written about Syon House, which has an astronomical connection as well as a connection to the Jamestown colony and the Smithsonian.

Two-thirds of November have passed now, so I hope everybody is happy that at least half of the planned work for the month is done.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi guys, I'm late, I know.
I would like to borrow two more months for this year.
Does anyone have an extra two months I could borrow?
I'm pretty sure I won't be winning a NaNoWriMo badge.
You have to write words that makes sentences to get one of those.
I kind of over estimated the projects I could complete in November.
I am working on the novel, and will continue to do so, just no 50,000 badge for me.

It was a trade-off - a good trade-off so I can finish the book I'm working on for our new library's dedication!

We had eggs for dinner tonight. I love breakfast at night. Does anyone else ever have eggs and potatoes for dinner?

In weather news, a bit chilly here and I believe our weather man said somethings about snow!

The Buckeyes play tomorrow and that statement makes me crave chocolate. Hmmm... I think I have some M & M's stashed somewhere.

I hope you all have a good night, and wonderful Saturday morning. I will catch up with you later in the day!

Hugs, Chel

Last edited by Michelle - Teen; 11/20/15 06:56 PM.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It's been sooooooo long ...

It's truly been a hectic and terrible month. My father overdosed on NyQuil and landed himself in the hospital for a week. He's also been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. And, my husband had a grand mal seizure which landed him in the hospital, too. I feel like I'm living in 3 different hospitals. I can tell you pretty much all the ins and outs of each!

This coming week ... they will both be back in the hospital for their respective conditions.

Needless to say, I have written NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. NIENTE. I will not be winning any awards from NaNoWriMo or BO. Today, is my first day back. Getting back on the bicycle ...

And PLEASE DO NOT feel badly for me. We all will go through it at one time or another in our lives. It just IS. Venting is enough for me.

Right now, I'm enjoying the writing process, a cup of coffee from my new Ninja coffee maker, and eating almond butter straight from the jar ... with a spoon. I should skip the spoon and just use my fingers. THOUGHTS????? :P

Last edited by Alice - Weight Loss; 11/21/15 06:02 AM.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger

Alice! YES, it has been a while - you've got a lot going on (but that's not feeling sorry, okay wink ) and you're right. We all go through this type of [censored] [censored].

My recent [censored] was my aunt going off the deep end again. Which was followed up by about six falls (oy, that woman falls all the time - but she knows how to do it - duck and roll). But her caregivers have it under control, and she's safe - and my big lesson is to keep remembering I can't put things back the way they were.

I was rewarded with seeing my mother reading a book. This is a milestone, and I'm so happy!!! I'm still doing the happy dance, and I just ordered her two, no, that's now three books off of Amazon LOL!

And I say yes to the spoon - almond butter is a bit challenging to get off your keyboard keys once it's dried (mmmm.... not that I know that from experience or anything LOL).

I got some coconut peanut butter (by Earth Balance) on Thursday and OOOOOH it's some good stuff. I've been eating THAT with a spoon, cuz I've been practicing food combining HA HA!!! No crackers!

Chel, I'm not getting a badge either, instead I'm celebrating how fun it's been to chat with you about writing, and get my workbook organized (I'm up to almost 13,000 words).

So, are you supposed to eat chocolate when you watch a football game? Maybe I SHOULD start watching football LOL!! That means I'd HAVE to buy some M&Ms.

And Mona, just WOW! I clicked on the link to those pictures of the park you visited - and calling that park "Enchanted" seems a bit of an understatement. How beautiful!!

Okay, so today I've a big (though not too big) box of paperwork that needs to be sorted and then filed or shredded. It's my last box (that I know of) and I'm EXCITED about that!!

I will probably get the next chapter in my workbook done, because I feel on a roll with that.

So, I hope everyone has an amazing Saturday.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Alice, Hello! Yep, it's life. And I cheer you to live, drink coffee, and eat almond butter STRAIGHT FROM THE JAR!

Mona, I enjoyed the pictures as well!!!

This week feels really short, probably because everyone seems to be wrapping up their week on Tuesdays and whatnot.

No NaNoWriMo winner at our house, but I am fine with that. Still writing, yet, I am working on another project as well as working on my Teen Site.

I LAUNCHED to Stage 2!!!!! Yes!

I am wishing you all a great day as my dryer buzzes!!!!

Hugs, Chel

Last edited by Michelle - Teen; 11/23/15 01:09 PM.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Good (probably) afternoon, coffee friends

Alice, life seems to have a way of ensuring we don't get overly complacent. Good to see you back. But hmmm, I don't think almond or peanut or any butter should be eaten with the fingers. Deanna's right about the likely effect on your keyboard ... or a book or magazine ... or really, anything you touch. But almond butter sounds good. I've never seen it here, maybe I shop in the wrong places.

So NaNoWriMo badges for anyone. Means I'm not alone. But it does sound as though there are other accomplishments. Well done, everybody.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger

My regular brew is beside me, and I just finished the most delicious piece of toasted focacia bread - gluten free! I am a bread lover, however, it isn't always so kind wink So this was a delight!!

I won't be getting my NaNo badge either, but I'm a good 12,000 or so words into my book - I decided to work on a workbook that I can load here on my site, AND use it when I go give talks and teach - I'll have a PRODUCT to sell!! YAY!!!

I get to hit the grocery store this morning for our Thanksgiving festivities. Hubby usually does the shopping on Tuesday evening (he thinks he does a better job than I do, so I let him) but he wasn't feeling very good last night (recovering from a cold). So I'm dragging my daughter and her boyfriend to the store with me this morning so I have support staff LOL!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Good Morning Coffee Friends, and Happy Saturday after smile

I hope that those who celebrated Thanksgiving had a great holiday. We did - we took the meal to my mom and aunt (since my mom can't yet get out of bed) and also two of my friends joined us - so it was merry indeed smile

Yesterday I watched tv a good part of the day. It was nice to recover smile

I am still working on my workbook - it keeps taking a new turn LOL!!!

Have a great Saturday!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Good day, Coffee Friends

I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and haven't needed too much recovery time.

The Sun was out this morning, but disappeared early on and it's been gloomy this afternoon. Two Swiss friends are visiting England, and I took them to Kew Gardens. We had scones and tea while we were there.

We're meeting up for dinner later one, and I'm hoping it doesn't decide to rain when I go out then.

Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.