Print Thread
#744795 02/05/12 09:05 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I thought i would start a thread for people who use the flylady system for cleaning, to talk about how it works for them.

My control journal is a modified version that I jsut call my Flight Plan - it has the daily routines, weekly house blessing, zones cleaning and a list of my nutritional plans in it. I've tried more elaborate control journals before, but they always end up being too big to be useful.

I also have some of the flytools and right now am experimenting with uses for them. For example, the Rubba Scrubba has endless uses and I really like the purple microfiber rags.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I have been doing really well with the 15 minute cleaning idea. The mobile is in such bad shape, and so full of stuff, that I have been afraid to even try to clean things up. But I know Flylady says I can do anything for fifteen minutes...so this week I have been going in there for 15-30 minutes at a time and just cleaning something. Anything. It is making a cumulative difference! I kn ow it will take many many many more short sessions, but i can tell i've been in there already.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My fifteen minute cleaning is actually making a tiny dent in my house! Every time I go use the bathroom in the trailer, I make an effort to clean something, organize something, or throw something away. It's very exciting to see small bits of change becoming noticeable.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I have read some of the suggestions by the Flylady and some of them I have used all my life. I will begin somewhere and spot clean. Yesterday, I walked into the spare bedroom and stopped at the sewing machine. I removed some stuff I had sitting there that needs to be put away for next Christmas and then I found a pillow case which needs to be restitched. I sat down and did that immediately and put the pillow case in the hamper to be washed. I'll tackle something else again. Every little dent counts.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I have definitely taken some ideas from flylady!

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I really like her Do It Now principle. I use that one frequently and am usually amazed at how quick and easy something is to get it done right in that moment, rather than setting the thing aside for later.

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.