Next Thread
Print Thread
#749303 03/03/12 03:01 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I LOVE my Android smartphone however I'm flirting with the idea of switching to an Iphone. For anyone who has it already what are the pros and cons.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I LOVE my iPhone, LOL. And I have to add that I've worked with Macs enough to hate Apple products as a whole. I dragged my feet for so long on getting an iPhone, just on principle... but my then-boyfriend-now-husband was stubborn enough not to take no for an answer, lol.

I love that there is literally an app for everything. And not just the things that you think you're going to need - everything! I even have a dog walk app that tracks where you go, how fast you're walking and how many calories you've burned by being pulled around by your pup. I like the random games, lol - I'm one of those people that is always playing something. The iPhone4s has a hugely upgraded camera, too -- for most trips, it makes carrying an actual, separate camera obsolete (at least for me!). Also negates the need for a GPS, mp3 player, and laptop, lol.

The only things that I really wish they would have improved more are the battery life (but isn't that true for pretty much every electronic device?) Some of the game apps are unplayable because of the screen, but it's only in the detailed sort of RPGs that I've ever had trouble with the touch screen. For everything else -- from eBay and Cracked to email, Google maps and the Oregon Trail, I'd recommend it.

Debra Kelly
BellaOnline:Dogs

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."
- Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Debra,

Thank you so much for the feedback! I feel the same way that you do about my Android. There is a free app for almost anything in the world. However, Apple has marketed their iPhone in such a way that I almost feel like I'm missing out by not having one. Another deterrant is the fact that I've seen so many people carrying around a cracked iPhone. It seems like the screens break so easily. I guess getting an outside phone cover (like Otterbox) would be a necessity.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
I really feel as though I am missing out by not having an iPhone. Every one has it. My friends are equally devoted to their androids, though. I'm glad I was able to read the discussion here.

Gecko
Gecko
Even I'm playing with the idea of buying an iPhone. I don't use any smartphone currently so I think getting an iPhone firstly would be appropriate.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
Gecko
Gecko
Seems like when it comes to the topic of iPhones and DROIDS, people are highly swayed in one direction or the other. I don't think I know of anyone who is on the fence about it, especially once they've tried both.

For me personally the iPhone has too many restrictions (itunes, no Adobe, etc...) whereas the DROID puts pretty much all of the decision making into the hands of the user. I've been a DROID user for a few years now. I've tried my friends' iPhones and it's just not the same...

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love my iphone, but if i was going to start again i would have done the droid. The iphone is irritatingly proprietary, and thus, less useful in many ways. I'd have to jailbreak it to use it as a tether, for one thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.