Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#673995 03/30/11 02:33 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

I am finding that more employers are demanding a "no fragrance" ruling due to so many people having allergies.

Personally, I am happy as I am so over folks that "bath" in their fragrance.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 03/30/11 02:34 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Hi Angela,
I don't think employers should dictate anything related to personal choices and fragrances are surely a personal choice. Now, if someone in the office has an allergy to slight particles of dust, so how will anyone control that?
However, i do agree with you about the fact that many people love to bathe themselves in their perfume. That is totally irritating. But a sufficient amount of perfume/deo is acceptable to keep off the body odor.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
D
D
use perfumes in sufficient amount.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
If you bathe on a daily basis and use deodorant there is no need for strong perfumes. Some people and some cultures do not believe in this practice, unfortunately.

Scents in the office should be worn with respect for others. I know I like subtle scents on people, but strong scents or too much perfume on a person is offensive and nauseating. It is up to the individual to use restraint and common sense.

Employers who have a "no scent" policy have it in place probably because too many people have doused themselves with strong perfumes and offended the majority of workers. There are always those who ruin it for the rest.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
K
K
We got different likes and dislikes and all i know we got freedom to choose what we like so i don't really think that its a big issue here.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
It's not a big issue, but when working with people you need to have respect for them and not overpower them with your scent. Any scent when worn too heavily can be nauseating.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
V
Wolf
Wolf
V
I am one of those people who are allergic to scents so I applaud employers who have a no-scent policy. It helps the company's bottom line since I don't have to miss work and go to the doctor's. At our company there are several people like myself.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I fully support that stand because I am sensitive to strong scents of any kind, to the point where if the odor is too strong I feel like I cannot breathe. I have a friend with allergies such as yours, Vintage, so I understand.

People have all sorts of medical and physical issues, and everyone in the workplace deserves to be respected. Little or no fragrance works just fine for me. People can wear their fragrances on their own personal time.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Well it's probably easier to just make a "no fragrance" rule than for the boss to single out someone for stinking up the place. Which a co-worker once told me she had to talk to one employee about bathing regularly and using deoderent after another employee said he would not work with the stinky guy unless something changed. She said the conversation went surprisingly well, and she pulled from her mom skills. I was glad I never had to have such a conversation (either side, lol).

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I can't imagine having to conduct such a conversation, but I think a lot of us have been in work environments where these things do occur. Sometimes it is a culture thing in regards to the frequency of bathing, shaving armpits, using deodorant, etc. Other times it is just laziness.

Weird that these things which appear to be common sense issues are not common sense with some people. Some think a strong perfume covers up body odor, but all it does is make it worse.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.