logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
"If Americans -- or people anywhere -- decided to take up Google's offer to check out its new policy, they would discover something so troubling, so frightening, really, that it would override the national tendency to leave companies alone to make money how they see fit. At least in the case of companies such as Google -- and now Facebook -- which know more about us than even our closest friends.

Here's what Google knows about you, what it stores right there on its servers, waiting for a hacker:" CNN
Does Google Know Too Much About You?

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Monica...This is so scary! I can't believe that they hold all of our information like that.

Gecko
Gecko
its known fact the Google reads all its Gmail accounts so if you aren't on Google and the person emails you ...you too are now part of the "snoop" team. But then you join FB and give it all away freely. Privacy was gone long time ago and nothing is sacred. Big Brother is here to stay.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I agree but I don't think that the information should be stored away on somebody's servers just waiting to be hacked.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Does anyone plan to stop using Google, because of privacy concerns? There are lot's of search engines available, but Google has so many other services that people not depend upon, it could be difficult to cut them completely out of your life online.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I haven't stopped and I use gmail, youtube, and search as well as reader but I'm not sure about the whole g+ thing. I haven't even bothered signing the petition that SBI is so adamant that all SBIers sign. Every time I login to my admin to build pages I have to see that silly petition sign up video and scroll way down just to login.

I think google probably does know too much but I just don't see them turning over all your date to some big entity in the future (maybe I'm dumb not to worry). That just seems very big brother paranoia to me but I thought I would post the story here bcz it's interesting and bcz it's good to be aware of what the more cautious are saying or recommending.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Gecko
Gecko
I could use another search engine. I liked Google best but not since this new policy. I don't have anything to hide but I also don't like that all I do and say is spread all over to every website on the Internet. You can't go anywhere and commnent now with out itgoing viral. Post a comment on Yahoo and it is posted to FB .....go to shop on line and they tell your friends what you are looking at. Is nothing sacred anylonger. we no longer have any control even over our own personal info and God only knows what they are doing that I'm not aware of yet cause they sure as hell aen't going to tell you. You can call it paranoia or anythibg you want.....I call it the Gestapo.

Gecko
Gecko
Good article, although I am much more careful with Facebook than Google. That's where people share some REALLY private information. It's one thing to know what you search for and whom you've called, but it's another to know all of your updates, see all of your pictures and have access to every private and public message you put out.

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.