logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#745768 02/11/12 02:08 PM
lucien Offline OP
OP Offline
For the life of me, I can't seem to understand written instructions. I tend to make mountains out of mole hills and I see many many mole hills on the horizon. Here is the wall hanging I am working on: [img:center]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/lpalta/Blog%20Photos/patternpicture.jpg[/img] Instructions are to allow 1/4" when appliqueing. Some of the pieces in this kit are very tiny; e.g. [img:center]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/lpalta/Blog%20Photos/markpatternquestion.jpg[/img] Would this apply to each piece? Can they be hand turned? Also, instructions are to make sure trace any applique placement lines or detail stitching lines using a permanent marker. Below is image of one of the blocks i have traced onto the fusible webbing, wrong side. How do I go about tracing the lines over to the fabric and on which side? [img:center]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/lpalta/Blog%20Photos/catblock.jpg[/img] Now you all know--there is such a thing as a dumb question (lol).

Sponsored Post Advertisement
lucien #746015 02/13/12 10:41 AM
lucien Offline OP
OP Offline
OMG, found a great tutorial on YouTube and so far I have gotten my pieces fused and cut out. In the video you separate the fabric from the fusible webbing and place it onto another sheet--pressing slightly to hold in place. Can anyone tell me what this sheet is? I am having trouble getting my images to show in my posts; they do show up when I click the Preview button prior to submitting post. Also, when I try to post the link to the tutorial, I get an error code "not able to use URL, and to use UBB code? Help, please. Lucy

lucien #746067 02/13/12 02:26 PM
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Welcome to the forum, lucien. I hope you enjoy the time you spend here.

I'm not going to answer your questions directly. (I don't do applique - I don't like hand work.) What I am going to do is to point you to other places here on Bella where your questions have probably already been asked and answered.

1) QUESTIONS ABOUT APPLIQUE: If you go to the "Quilting Site" here on Bella (the companion site to this forum) Judie has provided several links to the SUBJECT of Applique. It is the first subject listed on the left side of that site.

2) FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about using the forum: Above on the right side and just below the Log In/Out is 'FAQ'. Click on that and you will see dozens of questions. Each of them has been answered, so you can find out about images, URls, and others. One answer you will find is that there are some things you can't do until you have been here and posted for a certain amount of time.

Hope I've been helpful. And again welcome. GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
lucien #746070 02/13/12 02:31 PM
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Lucy, I also wanted to tell you that we can get to the photos you posted by 'copy and paste' so I got there, I just don't have any answers for you. Good Luck. GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
lucien #746320 02/14/12 07:48 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Lucien, welcome to our forum at Quilting. I'm afraid, I'm a needle turning applique quilter and don't know much about freezer paper or glue use at all. I'm hoping some of our wonderful applique quilters will be able to help you.

Good to have you on board.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.