Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation shaped India's destiny. After his death in 1948 several museums have been set up across the country to preserve his memory for future generations. Here is a list of Gandhi memorial museums in India

Gandhi Memorial Museums in India

Preena Deepak
Bible Basics Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Preena I enjoyed the article. I have been lucky enough to visit both the Gandhi Museum in Madurai and the Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad. Though very different they both struck me as fitting memorials to a great man.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I'm glad you like this article Asha. I have only visited the Gandhi Memorial Museum in New Delhi. I am glad you had a chance to visit the memorials at Madurai and Ahmedabad. After researching for this article I want to visit each of these places if i get a chance. Each museum gives a unique insight on the life of Gandhiji.

Preena Deepak
Bible Basics Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Preena do go if you get the chance. Which ones would be easiest for you to get to?

I found both Madurai and Ahmedabad awe inspiring - reminded me of the project I did on Gandhi when I was at school and how much I had forgotten about him in the intervening years.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I live in South India Asha and the closest option for me is Madurai. In fact I am planning a trip to Madurai to visit all the Historic and ancient buildings there.

For me visiting the memorial at Delhi created that kind of an impact. His last foot steps are marked there and a monument stands at the place he was assassinated.

I hope my travels take me to North too. I haven't been to Gujarat much. Would love to visit Sabarmathi Ashram when i get the chance.

Preena Deepak
Bible Basics Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.