Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
vincischool, christylynn81, minas, puumando, 2013
57214 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57214 Members
417 Forums
113007 Topics
801089 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 828
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 470
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 150
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 89
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 78
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Mona - Astronomy 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#744779 - 02/05/12 11:27 PM keyless entry issues
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
My clicker is acting up on my jeep cherokee. The automatic entry button is now not working on some doors, and only sometimes working on others. It's pretty annoying. Is this fixable? What should I try first?

Add keyless entry issues to Twitter Add keyless entry issues to Facebook Add keyless entry issues to MySpace Add keyless entry issues to Del.icio.us Digg keyless entry issues Add keyless entry issues to Yahoo My Web Add keyless entry issues to Google Bookmarks Add keyless entry issues to Stumbleupon Add keyless entry issues to Reddit
#745898 - 02/12/12 07:35 PM Re: keyless entry issues [Re: Jilly]
Steve - Cars Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Yikes! I'm not sure how fixable the automatic entry will be. It seems like it would be expensive to fix if it were.

I'm sure you changed the batteries in your remote? If not, that could be part of the problem.

Good luck!
Steve

Add Re: keyless entry issues to Twitter Add Re: keyless entry issues to Facebook Add Re: keyless entry issues to MySpace Add Re: keyless entry issues to Del.icio.us Digg Re: keyless entry issues Add Re: keyless entry issues to Yahoo My Web Add Re: keyless entry issues to Google Bookmarks Add Re: keyless entry issues to Stumbleupon Add Re: keyless entry issues to Reddit
#745910 - 02/12/12 11:06 PM Re: keyless entry issues [Re: Jilly]
Kim - OnlineServices Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

You say it's not working on "some doors," are your sure it's the clicker and not the doors. I have a similar problem with one of my car doors. I put graphite in the lock and the door latch and it solved the problem. I have to reapply the graphite or sometimes spray everything with WD40 every few months or the lock starts sticking again, but so far so good.

Edited by Kim - OnlineServices (02/12/12 11:07 PM)

Add Re: keyless entry issues to Twitter Add Re: keyless entry issues to Facebook Add Re: keyless entry issues to MySpace Add Re: keyless entry issues to Del.icio.us Digg Re: keyless entry issues Add Re: keyless entry issues to Yahoo My Web Add Re: keyless entry issues to Google Bookmarks Add Re: keyless entry issues to Stumbleupon Add Re: keyless entry issues to Reddit
#745912 - 02/12/12 11:13 PM Re: keyless entry issues [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Right, it's random on different doors. Where would i apply the spray? Graphite in what form and put on where, how?

#746318 - 02/14/12 11:17 PM Re: keyless entry issues [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

You can get graphite at any hardware store or home center. It's a fine powder lubricant. It works great in locks, hinges etc., a little goes a long way. I just stick the end of the tube into the lock where you would put the key and squeeze. Then I open the door and squirt it into the door latch opening.

Use the lock switch on the door to lock and unlock the door after applying it, this will help it work it's way through. Give it several applications and keep working the lock. Then try the remote.

If you use the WD40 use the narrow spray tip and apply it the same way.

#746366 - 02/15/12 06:24 AM Re: keyless entry issues [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I have a silicone based lube, will that work okay? or should i buy graphite? I also have WD-40. Not sure if i should try one or them all.

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Jilly (02/15/12 06:26 AM)

#746570 - 02/16/12 02:30 AM Re: keyless entry issues [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

I'm no expert, I can only tell you what I've done and what I've heard from others. In my experience, graphite has worked best for the actual lock cylinder where you insert your key. Some people think the sprays will eventually gum up the lock, causing more problems, others recommend them, I can't say who's right.

I don't know about the silicone spray. Graphite has been around forever and is cheap. You might want to stop by an auto parts store and ask them for their recommendation.

Whatever you do make sure your lock is clean before applying a lubricant. You don't want to push dirt into your lock.

#755655 - 04/06/12 07:42 PM Re: keyless entry issues [Re: Jilly]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
I have replaced the "clicker" for my car at least 3 times in the past 2 years. The problem is that it just stops working and changing the batteries does not help.

It's so annoying - especially on cars that are or are almost keyless entrys.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#756359 - 04/11/12 06:58 AM Re: keyless entry issues [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Okay, I bought some powdered graphite from ACE today - under two dollars. Will try it tomorrow! smile

Moderator:  Steve - Cars 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 10:22 AM
Halloween
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 10:20 AM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 10:11 AM
Fall Family Fun with Sandwiches
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 09:21 AM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Today at 07:19 AM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 07:14 AM
What's your favorite fashion item?
by isabell smith
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 06:12 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:17 AM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Game - Vampire Names
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Creativity
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.