Next Thread
Print Thread
#744234 02/02/12 04:04 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

The Fairy Tale Road, based throughout the region where the Brothers Grimm found all their fairy tales, is a fascinating entrance to a world of fantasy, sagas, myths and legends, and one of the most popular tourist routes in Germany.

Young...or not so young anymore...it is a great place to tour.

Germany's Fairy Tale Road

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 02/02/12 04:31 PM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I would love to tour that area and soak up all the beauty and lore from the past. How exciting that would be.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Goodness me Phyllis, You are just going to have to keep taking all those vitamins and live to at least 150 so you can fit it all in.......................I can easily keep you here for five years, or longer, just soaking up all the history and folklore from the past, and that is before we even begin to hit the beauty. smile

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sounds like an awesome plan to me. smile

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Francine,

Loved this article and your writing - it honestly does make me want to visit Germany and do that Fairy Tale Tour.

I know when I was lucky to be visiting Europe back in the dark ages when I was far more innocent, we spent (my sister and I) a day in Konstanz and I vowed then to come back to Germany.

Unfortunately I never did, or at least have not yet! A trip down the Rhine was another unfulfilled wish. Now I really have a complaint. These darn wish fairies are just not listening. I wish they would.

Reading your article was an enchanting revisit to my childhood and all the joy I had from reading and imagining I was a key person in one of the tales - like Red Riding Hood and not the Wolf or Snow White and not the apple or of course Sleeping Beauty and not the ...frog.

Who knows and que sera sera as they say sing write and teach.

Cheers

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 02/27/12 03:08 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

You will make it Lestie.............and as nothing much has changed in the last hundreds of years on the Fairy Tale Road, or with the castles that line the Rhine River, it will all still be there waiting for you.

Happy you enjoyed the article, it was fun writing it even though I was not a big fan of Brothers Grimm when they were read to me as a six year old. Found the stories quite scary, but now it is easy to see that they were related to life at the time............which in fact was definitely not easy.

So it is time for you to get those 'fairies' on speed dial. cool

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.