logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I am very confused and have so many unanswered questions about my recent miscarriage and would really just like to see if anyone could answer some of my questions... First of all I have had two healthy normal pregnancies, I have one 6 year old and one 4 year old... The only complication I have had in either of these pregnancies was with my second I had to have surgery on my left ovary about 5 months into the pregnancy to remove a cyst off of my ovary that was growing larger than the baby. Other than that no other complications and that surgery went fine and had no effect on me or my son. After I had my second son in Dec of 07 I had the 5 yr Merina IUD put in. Me and my husband decided in August to have the Merina removed and to try for another baby. I had it removed 8/17/11. I had not had a period in almost 4 years as long as I had been on the IUD and the doctor informed me that it could be quite a while before the lining in my uterus was built up to have a period again. I started my period the following week on 8/23/11, which felt like and lasted just as any of my normal periods would have. Then consistently had a period beginning on 9/25/11 and another on 10/25/11. 11/21/11 I took a pregnancy test 5 days before my next missed period because I had symptoms of being pregnant. I was indeed pregnant. I began to bleed a week later on 11/30 and had my HCG tested at 46 then retested 2 days later and it was 12. I did indeed miscarry and there was tons of blood but I never was in any pain at all. I bled for about 5 days and had my blood tested again the next week and HCG was confirmed negative. So my questions are does anyone know if the surgery on my ovary could have caused a miscarriage? What about being on the Merina for so long? I never really got a clear answer from the doctors I talked to? What about my period... since I miscarried just a little later than my period should have started should I expect to see my period around the same time this month? If me and my husband had unprotected sex this weekend, and I happened to get pregnant again right away before another period would I be at higher risk of miscarrying?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
Hello there! I am new to this forum but quickly spotted your post. I have had the EXACT SAME experience as yourself . I have two children. I got on the Mirena IUD right after my second child. I just recently got off the Mirena a few months ago. I too became pregnant a few months after and just learned that I had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks as well. I have never had a miscarriage before and never had any issues conceiving. I ALSO DID HAVE A LARGE cyst on one side and also had surgery to remove it as well. I too wonder the same thing, my doctor did a d&c and also took a biopsy of my uterus to see if there are any issues with it( possibly due to IUD????) I go in two more weeks to get results...I suppose if there is an issue the doc will let me know why, but I am convinced it may be due to iud .. But don't know...

H
OP Offline
H
It's crazy how much alike our situations are! I actually didn't have a d&c they said that usually that early it is pretty good about taking care of itself and unless I had any problems let my body do it's work... I started my first period almost exactly on time (a few days later) than my next period would have started on a regular schedule... So that was my period for December, then again my period was on time in January... In February I had no period and I am happy to say I am a healthy 8 1/2 weeks pregnant!! I have been so worried and stressed about seeing blood every time I go to the bathroom that I think I kind of still am in disbelief. The day that I started bleeding with my miscarriage I was about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant, my HCG level was tested and was 46... I didn't know much about that number at the time other than it doubles every 48 hours during pregnancy... but I wasn't sure as to what the number was supposed to be. With this pregnancy I went to the doctor right away and at 5 1/2 weeks my HCG level was 9,700!! Huge difference!! I also had a ultrasound around 7 weeks that confirmed that everything is right on track and my doctor says there is no need to worry. I asked my doctor about the huge gap between the numbers and she assured me that sometimes an egg gets fertalized that is just bad and will never become a baby most times this happens women just mistake it for a period and never even know they have miscarried... But it was very reassuring knowing now that I truley didn't do anything to jepradize the pregnancy it just truly wasn't meant to be. I hope you get pregnant soon and have no complications. :-)

H
OP Offline
H
I have been to 3 different OBGYN's and they all have assured me it had nothing to do with my IUD... but when I was on these forums it seems very common... So i don't know if that was or wasn't a cause for the random miscarriage after I got off it. I guess I will never know.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.