Next Thread
Print Thread
#742372 01/23/12 02:58 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Once upon a time there were two very dissimilar brothers, whose combined talents produced European folk and fairy tales which were anything but sweet and gentle bedtime stories.

Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm are the subjects of this weeks article, and writing out Fairy Tales were not their only talents.

The Brothers Grimm

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love your article, Francine. I wrote one on the Brothers Grimm quite a while ago and had so much fun researching and reading about their life. Fascinating study!.

Great article.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That is a fabulous article Phyllis, have just found it on Folk and Myth, hope it stays up a while..........and we chose the same illustration for them. smile

The Brothers Grimm are such an interesting topic, and there is no doubt they would have moved with the times, so even today not only would they be fascinating to know as human beings, they would also be busily contributing to our culture in some way don't you think?

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 01/23/12 04:59 PM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

I think they would definitely contribute greatly to our culture, Francine. The Brothers would never have been stagnate, but would have grown and kept up with the times. To know them personally would be an awesome experience.

Thanks for the kind words on my article. It is so cool that we both chose the same image of the Brothers. Fascinating!!!

I could read article after article about their lives. That is why I was so happy to see and read yours. We each picked up slightly different parts of their story. It is so wonderful that stories like this are not confined to just one site here. No wonder I love writing for culture sites, for it entails a wide range of topics we can write on.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.