Next Thread
Print Thread
#740072 01/12/12 08:44 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
A short story is short enough to be read in one sitting, as opposed to a novel which may take weeks to read. What makes up a good, possibly great, short story?

Writing Short Stories

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Good Morning Lisa:

So GLAD to see we are online at the same time wink

I love short stories, but wish I had the patience and expertise to do longer versions.

Bottom line, no matter what the length, we have to make sure it is from our insides.

LOL, your article stated "short story in one sitting" - girl, these days, I am lucky if I get 1 page in one sitting. Yikes!

Hugs,
A

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
That's okay, Angela. I also said that a novel can take up to weeks to read. Me? I don't sit while I read, I walk around the house while I read. But I can also read through a novel in just a day or two - no matter how long it is. Of course, nothing else gets done when I read through one that fast.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

Tiger
Tiger
LOL Lisa, my challenge right now is "mentally" and working on that end of things.

Learning "each" day to dump the garbage and keep my mind clear for the things that are worth my time and attention.

Yesterday was a challenging one indeed, but I am trusting God that I will not get any more PMs coming my way that tries to deflate what joy you have for the moment.

Folks tend to forget what impact "words" whether said or written can do to someone that is trying to cope with life.

Anyway, ENJOY visiting your site and you know I will be back tomorrow to see what neat stuff you got posted.

I am going to put you in the reading records as being someone that gets A LOT of reading done(lol).

You have a gift - I am jealous!

Hey, working on getting back to reading and going back to school. It all has to do with getting my mind back to where it was - and I am getting there girl. Yipppee!!!

***I stopped in to comment in Rebecca's history forum and will make it a habit to do this each day, like I do for your site. My TWO angels***

Hugs,
A

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 01/12/12 09:38 AM.

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.