Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Currently I'm reading a book I picked up for free called Guns of Seneca 6 by Bernard Schaffer. It is a SciFi Western.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Violette:

I don't have an e-reader.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get the book for free?

If you do mind, just ignore my post(lol).

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
A sci-fi western? laugh That's awesome! I'm totally into trying out sci-fi westerns since seeing the movie Cowboys and Aliens smile

How are you enjoying the story?

On my Kindle, I'm reading a book on Astral Voyaging by C. W. Ledbeater. He's a metaphysician from a while back. It's okay --- very dry - but I admire him as a teacher, so I'll stick it out.

I think I'd rather read fiction on my ereader. I've signed up with our library system for a few ebooks on loan smile I LOVE having my kindle!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Angela, I subscribe to a blog on my Kindle that shares listings of free books at Amazon for the Kindle. You can pick up great reads free or at discount prices everyday at Amazon (not just public domain free works either).

You don't have to have an e-reader. If you have a smart phone of some type that provides apps, you can find apps for Kindle, Barnes & Noble and more. Kindle even has an app for your PC. I use that mostly for my recipe books.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Deanna, I finished the story. Liked it alot. There were some gruesome parts, but not overly explicit in description, so worth reading until the end.

Another book of shorts was recommended at the end that included a few more stories by Bernard Schaffer. I picked it up as well. It is called Resistance Front (a Kindle All-Starts collection of stories from a number of authors). I think they are all western in nature, but I don't know if they are all western/sci-fi.

Currently I'm reading an issue of Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine.

Tiger
Tiger
Thanks Violette, will look into the computer aps as I don't have a Smartphone, Sylvester does, but I don't want to tie up his. I have a FREE phone from the Safelink program for a year. They add 68 FREE minutes each month. Just got it, awesome and appreciated.

Hugs,
A

Originally Posted By: Vi - Blogs/Social Network
Hi Angela, I subscribe to a blog on my Kindle that shares listings of free books at Amazon for the Kindle. You can pick up great reads free or at discount prices everyday at Amazon (not just public domain free works either).

You don't have to have an e-reader. If you have a smart phone of some type that provides apps, you can find apps for Kindle, Barnes & Noble and more. Kindle even has an app for your PC. I use that mostly for my recipe books.

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 01/08/12 12:12 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
I'm reading 'Beginning At The End' by Nicole Duffeck. Is good uptil now. Just read about 25%

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Reading "Three Moons Over Sedona" by Sherry Hartzler. New widow escapes on a cross country trip to find herself.

I tend to read books I am not sure I want to purchase for my bookshelf. . .eBook readers have been GREAT for me to only purchase hard cover books that I want to display My company has just completed a mobile eBook reader APP that can be used on any android device. . .we are working with several publishers to start a lending library, a book club for all independent eBook authors as well as other things

Kathryn Free, PDA eBook Editor
PDA eBook Website
PDA eBook Forum
The other thing I tend to use my eBook reader for are books that I love to read over again. . .like the Hunger Games triology

Kathryn Free, PDA eBook Editor
PDA eBook Website
PDA eBook Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.