Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mxvjjet00, sophaylavender, titianfire, kitchenvibe, Sandra Gail
56988 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56989 Members
417 Forums
112494 Topics
795098 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 723
Beetlemess 710
Karm - SW USA Editor 285
Nancy Roussy 175
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 165
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 125
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 122
Linu 114
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#738087 - 01/05/12 05:20 AM What are you reading on your e-reader?
Vi - Blogs/Small Office Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Pennsylvania
Currently I'm reading a book I picked up for free called Guns of Seneca 6 by Bernard Schaffer. It is a SciFi Western.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

Add What are you reading on your e-reader? to Twitter Add What are you reading on your e-reader? to Facebook Add What are you reading on your e-reader? to MySpace Add What are you reading on your e-reader? to Del.icio.us Digg What are you reading on your e-reader? Add What are you reading on your e-reader? to Yahoo My Web Add What are you reading on your e-reader? to Google Bookmarks Add What are you reading on your e-reader? to Stumbleupon Add What are you reading on your e-reader? to Reddit
#738813 - 01/07/12 03:59 PM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Hi Violette:

I don't have an e-reader.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get the book for free?

If you do mind, just ignore my post(lol).

Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Twitter Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Facebook Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to MySpace Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Reddit
#738825 - 01/07/12 04:27 PM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
Deanna Joseph Offline
Elephant

Loc: Southern California
A sci-fi western? laugh That's awesome! I'm totally into trying out sci-fi westerns since seeing the movie Cowboys and Aliens smile

How are you enjoying the story?

On my Kindle, I'm reading a book on Astral Voyaging by C. W. Ledbeater. He's a metaphysician from a while back. It's okay --- very dry - but I admire him as a teacher, so I'll stick it out.

I think I'd rather read fiction on my ereader. I've signed up with our library system for a few ebooks on loan smile I LOVE having my kindle!

Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Twitter Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Facebook Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to MySpace Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? to Reddit
#739039 - 01/08/12 08:51 AM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hi Angela, I subscribe to a blog on my Kindle that shares listings of free books at Amazon for the Kindle. You can pick up great reads free or at discount prices everyday at Amazon (not just public domain free works either).

You don't have to have an e-reader. If you have a smart phone of some type that provides apps, you can find apps for Kindle, Barnes & Noble and more. Kindle even has an app for your PC. I use that mostly for my recipe books.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

#739041 - 01/08/12 08:59 AM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hi Deanna, I finished the story. Liked it alot. There were some gruesome parts, but not overly explicit in description, so worth reading until the end.

Another book of shorts was recommended at the end that included a few more stories by Bernard Schaffer. I picked it up as well. It is called Resistance Front (a Kindle All-Starts collection of stories from a number of authors). I think they are all western in nature, but I don't know if they are all western/sci-fi.

Currently I'm reading an issue of Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine.

#739065 - 01/08/12 04:11 PM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Thanks Violette, will look into the computer aps as I don't have a Smartphone, Sylvester does, but I don't want to tie up his. I have a FREE phone from the Safelink program for a year. They add 68 FREE minutes each month. Just got it, awesome and appreciated.

Hugs,
A

Originally Posted By: Vi - Blogs/Social Network
Hi Angela, I subscribe to a blog on my Kindle that shares listings of free books at Amazon for the Kindle. You can pick up great reads free or at discount prices everyday at Amazon (not just public domain free works either).

You don't have to have an e-reader. If you have a smart phone of some type that provides apps, you can find apps for Kindle, Barnes & Noble and more. Kindle even has an app for your PC. I use that mostly for my recipe books.

Edited by Angela J. Shirley (01/08/12 04:12 PM)

#744368 - 02/03/12 05:51 AM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
jodiemt Offline
Gecko

I'm reading 'Beginning At The End' by Nicole Duffeck. Is good uptil now. Just read about 25%

#747896 - 02/24/12 04:03 PM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Reading "Three Moons Over Sedona" by Sherry Hartzler. New widow escapes on a cross country trip to find herself.

#755903 - 04/09/12 04:05 AM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
Kathryn Free Offline

Loc: California, USA
I tend to read books I am not sure I want to purchase for my bookshelf. . .eBook readers have been GREAT for me to only purchase hard cover books that I want to display My company has just completed a mobile eBook reader APP that can be used on any android device. . .we are working with several publishers to start a lending library, a book club for all independent eBook authors as well as other things

#755904 - 04/09/12 04:07 AM Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
Kathryn Free Offline

Loc: California, USA
The other thing I tend to use my eBook reader for are books that I love to read over again. . .like the Hunger Games triology

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  PDA_Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Russia - the hope of the World
by VestnikRA
Russian Culture
Sharing ancient wizdom and inspiration
by VestnikRA
Spirituality
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Low Carb Book Covers - Need Help
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
07:36 AM
New game
by Rosie 66
History
05:40 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
05:24 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
05:17 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
01:18 AM
Gelato or Ice Cream?
by Cinzia - Italian Food
Italian Food
12:38 AM
Using Lip Liner and Lipstick
by Kimberly - Cosmetics
Cosmetics
11:16 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.