Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#726891 11/21/11 09:20 AM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Bella Family:

I am way over due for my "yearly" visit to the Vision Center at any local Walmart that I happen to be living by. Yes, they have some awesome deals on both the exam and glasses if needed. I have some old bifocals and thinking I may be needing trifocals at age 53 due to using the computer at work 90% of my day.

Now your turn smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Angela, Did you get new glasses
Been 3 yrs since my last exam

Rosie L
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Rosie:

Nope, need NEW ones like 2 or 3 years ago.

My main focus when I do go now is to check for eye diseases to avoid becoming blind. That alone has kept me going in spite of hating dealing with Walmart and the cost.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing - much APPRECIATED and tell Aisa I said hey easter

D
Shark
Shark
D
Hi, Angela Thanks for your forum about a very important topic. Yearly eye exams are very important especially, after age 40. The hassle is not nearly as big of a deal as having to deal with vision loss. I look at it as better safe than sorry. Finding a regular eye doctor and staying with that doctor helps with the hassle and you develop a eye history which helps in future decisions about eye situations. Bite the bullet and have a yearly exam. Thanks again for the topic thread. Best of Luck! Special note: Glare reduction screens for your computer is a great way to reduce eye strain from working on a computer for long time periods.

Last edited by Dean - Vision Issues; 12/28/11 12:32 PM.

Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor

vision issues homepage

vision issues forum

Remember to sign-up for the Vision Issues Newsletter to get weekly updates!
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Dean:

LOL, this is not my forum, I am a regular poster smile

D
Shark
Shark
D
Hi, Rosie. Yearly eye exams are very important especially, after age 40. I follow the quote; "Better safe than sorry!" Being visually impaired makes the point for me to encourage others to make an effort to protect their vision. The best way to protect your vision is to have your vision tested at least, one time a year. It's a good idea to find a regular eye doctor who will keep records of your eye exams which helps a great deal in future decisions about your eye situations. I am not trying to scare you but just be a reminder that it is easier to have one eye exam that may help reduce future eye problems than to wait until there is nothing that can be done to help. Just a thought! Best of luck to you.

Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor

vision issues homepage

vision issues forum

Remember to sign-up for the Vision Issues Newsletter to get weekly updates!
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It's been five years. I need to go. I am kind of afraid of that puff test. How does that feel? I am really weird about anything touching my eyes.

Also do i need to have someone drive me - they dilate your pupils, right?

How much do the walmart exams costs? What is the cheapest option?

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Jilly:

The puff test, hmmmm - are you talking about when they blow air into your eyes? Yikes, it has been so long since I went for one I have forgotten. Sorry frown

Eye Dilation - yes. I am now taking the bus, but I think you can drive as long as you wear the shades they give you to wear and wait until you can see. But check with them first before having it done. Good question.

Do you have anything through the state with you getting food stamps? If yes, that would be the cheapest route - sometimes free or reduced.

To be honest, I don't know what WalMart is now charging - they have several specials throughout the year - so check out what your local one is doing.

I am sure our EXPERT Dean will have some more words of wisdom to add...

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 01/03/12 09:55 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't have the food stamps yet - still working on that. I tend to get bogged down in the paperwork. frown

Okay, I will write in my calendar to look into Walmart eye exam specials....done! Wheee!

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Here it is all online and telephone, no more "face to face" interaction. Guess they got too busy and under budget.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.