Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
masud ali, mfboutique, Mrs. Cara, lighthouse, Fee
57196 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57196 Members
417 Forums
112992 Topics
800564 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 684
Beetlemess 283
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 267
Nancy Roussy 182
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 98
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Susan - Meditation Editor 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Mona - Astronomy 41
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#737447 - 01/03/12 01:33 PM Poinsettia - toxic?
Lisa Beth - Houseplants Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Michigan
There is still a lot of confusion around whether or not poinsettias are hazardous to pets or small children. It's frustrating but inevitable that people perpetuate longstanding beliefs like this one. The thought that poinsettias were deadly comes from 1919 when a two year old child child died from poisoning that was mistakenly attributed to the poinsettia.

Studies have proven that there are no toxins contained within the poinsettia that are lethal to either pets or people. Nobody has ever died from injesting poinsettia, in fact, some growers will actually eat leaves in front of tours to their greenhouses to demonstrate that point. They will tell you that it tastes so horrible, there is no need to worry about small children eating more than a tiny piece without spitting it back out.

The ASPCA website also confirms that poinsettias are not deadly to pets. Rest easy knowing your furry family members are safe at Christmas.

I hope this helps dispel some disease and that everyone had a Merry Christmas! Please check out my article on the care of poinsettia if you have a chance.

Poinsettia

Add Poinsettia - toxic? to Twitter Add Poinsettia - toxic? to Facebook Add Poinsettia - toxic? to MySpace Add Poinsettia - toxic? to Del.icio.us Digg Poinsettia - toxic? Add Poinsettia - toxic? to Yahoo My Web Add Poinsettia - toxic? to Google Bookmarks Add Poinsettia - toxic? to Stumbleupon Add Poinsettia - toxic? to Reddit
#739621 - 01/10/12 03:44 PM Re: Poinsettia - toxic? [Re: Lisa Beth - Houseplants]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Hi Lisa:

I had heard that they were very toxic and really do not like to be around them.

Hugs,
A

Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Twitter Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Facebook Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to MySpace Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Poinsettia - toxic? Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Reddit
#739670 - 01/10/12 06:20 PM Re: Poinsettia - toxic? [Re: Lisa Beth - Houseplants]
Lisa Beth - Houseplants Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Michigan
Well, to each their own...if you do not like being around them, that is fine. I just want to be sure that it is understood that they are 100% safe - scientifically proven, and all.

Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Twitter Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Facebook Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to MySpace Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Poinsettia - toxic? Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Poinsettia - toxic? to Reddit

Moderator:  Sue - Houseplants 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Southwestern Shrimp & Eggs - a late nite crave!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
American Regional Cuisine
10:59 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
10:51 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
10:50 PM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
06:55 PM
Rosetta has arrived!!!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
06:17 PM
Are You Limiting Your Imagination
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
06:12 PM
Reincarnation of sisters in Hexham
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
04:57 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Home Finance
04:33 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
04:25 PM
Four Documentaries on Tibetan Buddhism
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
02:42 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.