Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy, HectorHernandez, TaraV
57403 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57403 Members
417 Forums
113449 Topics
805467 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 632
Beetlemess 265
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 168
Jana - Creativity Editor 142
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 78
Nancy Roussy 62
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 41
Sandra Investing/HFinance 34
Dianne W - Editor 26
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#732923 - 12/21/11 10:31 PM When have you started dating again?
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
How long did you wait to go on dates again? When you were separated? After the divorce papers were signed? After several years of mourning? Just curious.

Add When have you started dating again? to Twitter Add When have you started dating again? to Facebook Add When have you started dating again? to MySpace Add When have you started dating again? to Del.icio.us Digg When have you started dating again? Add When have you started dating again? to Yahoo My Web Add When have you started dating again? to Google Bookmarks Add When have you started dating again? to Stumbleupon Add When have you started dating again? to Reddit
#733156 - 12/22/11 06:27 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Jilly]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Jilly.....my husband and I were separated when I met my current boyfriend. My husband had moved out and we were in the process of getting a divorce.

Now mind you, I was not looking for another man to get involved with. It happened purely by a slim chance and I told him outright I was not interested in a romantic or intimate relationship. But after a few months of getting to know him I felt more for him than friendship.

I don't regret meeting him, but challenges do occur when you haven't fully healed from the break-up of another relationship. That has definitely been the case for me, and if I could do it over again I would wait to date for at least a year after the divorce. I was certainly on the rebound and would have personally healed better from the broken marriage had I waited like I had originally intended to do.

My advice is to focus on yourself for a while and do not rush into another relationship. Give yourself time to heal and bounce back, so to speak. Only you will know when you are truly ready to date again. It might be 6 mos, it might be a year, or it might be even longer than that. Everyone's time table for healing is different.

Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Twitter Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Facebook Add Re: When have you started dating again? to MySpace Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: When have you started dating again? Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Stumbleupon Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Reddit
#733169 - 12/22/11 07:38 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
Elleise - Clairvoyance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

Loc: IL
I agree.

Timetables are different for everyone. Plus, when there's a disolving of a bond/relationship, something inside already knew something was wrong, that instinctual awareness.

Getting to the point where you not only feelbut know there's something/someone out there waiting for you, to me, is when you're able to enjoy going out on a date.

I will say, the better you feel about yourself, the more confident, the better the opportunities that gravitate towards you, like an energy.

Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Twitter Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Facebook Add Re: When have you started dating again? to MySpace Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: When have you started dating again? Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Stumbleupon Add Re: When have you started dating again? to Reddit
#733179 - 12/22/11 08:40 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

My mother is wanting me to get back on the dating websites, so i have been doing that. And it's nice that plenty of men want to meet and go hiking with me. I just don't feel ready to. It's kind of a conundrum. I mean, Dan is still living here, for one thing. I just don't know who in heck I would explain my crazy current lifestyle to someone else.

Also I have so much weekly else going on that actually going on a date feels like a chore.

#733191 - 12/22/11 09:23 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

You already know then that you are not ready to date again, and that is ok and perfectly normal. Goodness....don't rush things.

When Dan is gone and you have had some time to yourself to heal and figure out what you want in your next relationship, someone special will come along when the time is right. In the meantime you should not listen to anyone else but yourself in regards to dating again.....just tell them you are not ready if someone voices an opinion.

Only you know when the time is right for you.

#736621 - 12/31/11 08:11 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Thanks for the feedback, cassie.

I actually have a date tomorrow. Just a hike. I will let you know how it goes.

#736653 - 12/31/11 10:19 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I hope it will be a fun day for you, Jilly.

#737248 - 01/02/12 07:08 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

It turned out okay. I don't think I will be dating this guy, but he seems like he might be a new friend. Which is just fine, since I really don't want to be dating yet.

#737271 - 01/02/12 08:25 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Meeting a new friend can be good.

#737275 - 01/02/12 08:32 PM Re: When have you started dating again? [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

it was good to at least see how I felt about other men. And it seems that I don't actually want a boyfriend at all right now. I am happy to have friends only.

My mom keeps pushing me to be active about looking for men. Why are moms like this?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
A Photo A Day
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Photography
Today at 08:13 PM
Beer-Kissed Cranberry Bread Recipe
by Carolyn-Beer & Brewing Editor
Beer & Brewing
Today at 08:00 PM
Relief For Men With Unwanted Body Hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 03:32 PM
How often do you cut your hair?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 03:26 PM
Stress Reduction is a Beauty Basic
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 03:21 PM
Using Nail Decals for Easy Nail Design
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 03:14 PM
Teaching Moon Phases and Eclipses
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 01:13 PM
Why You Should Brush Your Tongue
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 12:06 PM
The Best Way to Condition Your Hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 11:54 AM
How to get rid of dark circles in 2 weeks?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 11:45 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.