Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
david mark, bentongortega, behealthy, StargazerUK, Bruceox1962
56570 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56571 Members
417 Forums
111456 Topics
786045 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 229
Nancy Roussy 172
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 140
Rosie 66 126
loongdragon 125
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 88
Jilly 58
Lestie4containergardens 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 54
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 95 < 1 2 3 4 ... 94 95 >
Topic Options
#737221 - 01/02/12 10:31 PM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

So how is the weather on your front porch today, Phyllis?

It is a little cold here today. The sun peaked out now and then but it was cloudy as well. I am not fond of winter....where I live it does get cold with occasional snowfall, although last year was really bad for snow, the worst we've seen in a long time. We have been lucky so far with not getting much snow to speak of yet this season.

I used to be able to deal with the cold pretty well in my 20's and 30's, but now that I am in my 40's I can't take it. Funny how our bodies change. I swear that the cold gets right into my bones and I can't warm up. I'm sure colder temperatures are on the way in the next couple of months and I dread it.

Do I like summer instead? To a point. Intense heat and humidity are not for me. I think spring is my favorite season, and then fall. More comfortable temperatures. But I do love all the flowers that summer brings.

Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Twitter Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Facebook Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to MySpace Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Stumbleupon Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Reddit
#737298 - 01/03/12 02:50 AM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Hi Cassie. The weather on the front porch here has been great! Warm and sunny afternoons, a little windy and chilly throughout the night and brisk cold mornings with gorgeous sunrises. Sunsets have been pretty also.

Usually by now we have bitter cold and lots of snow off and on. The last two winters were heavy snows and ice that lasted forever it seemed.

Spring and Autumn are also my favorite seasons.

Edited by Phyllis - Appalachia (01/03/12 02:50 AM)

Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Twitter Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Facebook Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to MySpace Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Stumbleupon Add Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch to Reddit
#737354 - 01/03/12 03:33 AM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Anyone want a cuppa hot chocolate?

#737505 - 01/03/12 03:36 PM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I'm in, Phyllis. I am a real sucker for hot chocolate.

#737519 - 01/03/12 03:52 PM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Burt B. Offline
Chipmunk

I'll take some hot chocolate...

#737684 - 01/03/12 08:46 PM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Great. Mugs of the best coming up!!!

#737698 - 01/03/12 09:26 PM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Dean - Vision Issues Offline
Shark

Loc: Urbana Illinois
Hi, Phyllis.
The weather in Urbana, Illinois has been much better. The last few years snow has been around most of the winter but this year only about 2 inches has fallen. No snow for christmas or the new year and what snow has fallen melted quickly. I am happy. Being from the south and moving north was a big change. I had to learn how to get around in the snow and ice. I had never experienced temps in the low teens with a wind chill factor making it feel like 20 below. Yuk!

Glad your having good weather!

Great forum idea.

vision issues homepage

vision issues forum

Remember to sign-up for the Vision Issues Newsletter to get weekly updates!

#737752 - 01/04/12 03:17 AM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Hey Dean! It is nice to have you drop by.

I am so not ready for the snows, but I know we will have some before winter is over. I love to watch it snow, as long as I am inside, with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee and a good book.

I will be making cinnamon rolls this weekend. I like them really big with lots of cinnamon and lots of frosting -- I know, should watch the diet. But...I only make cinnamon rolls about once a year.

#737761 - 01/04/12 04:21 AM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

What year was the best you have ever had, and what how did it help you to grow spiritually or intellectually?

#737831 - 01/04/12 02:25 PM Re: Come Visit On The Front Porch [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
gemineye006 Offline
Gecko

yes phyllis but that doesn t mean that doing cinammon rolls once a year don t last you a whole year.

Page 2 of 95 < 1 2 3 4 ... 94 95 >

Moderator:  Robin - Folklore Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Cranberry Almond Quinoa
by Megan-Healthy Foods
Healthy Foods
50 minutes 57 seconds ago
Learning the Art of Knitting Stitches
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 06:15 AM
Introduction to Lace Knitting
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 06:14 AM
Is Our Reality A Reflection Of Our Consciousness
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Today at 05:57 AM
Creative Problem Solving and ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 05:16 AM
How many? How big?
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 05:14 AM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
Astronomy
Today at 04:51 AM
Science Fiction Convention Contests
by Trish-Contest/Sweepstakes
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:38 AM
Look up - there are beautiful sights in the sky!
Astronomy
Today at 04:26 AM
Seniors should get to know their bankers
Senior Issues
Today at 03:42 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 74 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.