Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I'm going to make a quilt that has 196 4" blocks and are made using the "recessed applique" method. It has a beautiful border and is made in blue and white. My goal is to have it completed by the end of 2012.

What's your quilting goal for 2012?
Let us know here.
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
My goal is to actually start doing some of the stuff that keeps floating round my head. I wake up some mornings with ideas for gifts for freinds and family , not even at their birthdays.(some quilting some not) This christmas i looked at the cheap shop bought gifts i was giving (cheap because of cash flow but still chosen with care) and just wished i could have got on with it and made the thing in my head... so thats it! this year i'm making them whenever they pop up (after children and hubby are sorted obviously) and i'll just pop them in cupboard for their birthdays or christmas. So this years goal "Get on with it!" Sonya

T
T
I had shoulder surgery and have no use of the upper part of my arm. My goal is to relearn to quilt. To find new ways to do things I had done before. Quilting. Forever

!
!
I am already working on my 2012 quilting goal which is to use up most of the focal fabrics that have been in my stash for the past 3-4 years. My choices of colors and designs have changed since I started quilting 5 years ago and every time I see those 'first choices' laying on the shelves I get a twinge of guilt. I just finished a log cabin lap robe in colors of blues and creams (Americana designs)and though pretty just aren't what I work with now. And then there are all those end pieces just dying to be made into ....something.

I'm a baby in quilting (began in 2010) I have done a lap quilt for my father, a scrap quilt with a friend to learn, a graduation quilt for both my daughter and niece and working on my sons (graduates in May), have a graduate each of the next 4 years. I am hoping to squeeze in a king size quilt for my bed between now and December 2012 when I'll start on my nephews graduation quilt. I LOVE QUILTING!!! My second goal is to learn some better border techniques, so far just straight lines with regular binding.

now is a great time to get those christmas fabrics on sale for gifts for next year! good luck!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Judie and All.

My goal is to finish my brother's Victorian Crazy Quilt...then finish my daughter's quilt which is 9 rows of 7 blocks, 6" inch blocks. It is all hand sewn so far in an applique pattern.

I also have to get to JoAnn's to take advantage of the fabric sales to make some quilted wall hanging small quilts for Christmas gifts next year.

Last edited by Phyllis - Appalachia; 12/30/11 05:06 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I'm wishing you all the best with your endeavours to get your quilting back on track. I too cannot imagine life without quilting. Be in touch tuggercat, if you want some help from your fellow quilting friends.

Lotsalove

Jude

Judie Bellingham

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Sonya, sometimes it helps to have a little notebook that fits in your handbag, and one that you can keep on your bedside table. I use this alot, because lots of ideas float around in my empty space from time to time!

Keep us posted with your progress!

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi !glee59, I wrote an article some time back about your stash and how best to use it, and one of the things I like to encourage is a constant churning of your stash. Everytime you make something, try to use fabric from your stash, together with new fabric. The quilt will have a "new" look about it, but you'll also be using up some of your stash.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.