logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G
I spend the last 3 years working on a very!! challenging quilt for my son. I finished in December. This year I am only going to work on fast, fun, and fabulous quilts and use fabric from my stash.

One of my favorite ways to use up my stash it to make jelly roll quilts using some of my 'why did I ever buy this ugly piece' but cutting my own 2 1/2" strips. When put together these strips look great. If you want to see what I am talking about go to www.quiltersqtrs.com/free_patterns_2011.asp and scroll down to the jelly roll quilt.

Talk to you soon.

Galloping Butterfly
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
i have never made one but followed your link and i do have a lot of strips that could work.Thanks for tip.

C
C
started one block embroidery daisy pattern. cut 2o blocks. try to finsh by july for awedding. don;t know yet what i will do.

Y
Y
I have had a good sewing day today. No other chores to do and it is a beautiful sunny day on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. I should have gone to the beach but the holiday makers have taken over Noosa Main Beach so I will wait a couple of weeks until they go home and leave it for us to enjoy for the rest of the summer. I have just about finished one of my UFOs - a Japanese wall hanging and I am very pleased with it. I would have had it finished today if my neighbour. Rochelle, hadnt dropped down one of our charity quilts for me to finish the binding. Our Doonan neighbourhood group that meets once a month on a Tuesday night has almost finished another quilt for the Oncology ward at Nambour Hospital. Three of the girls are nurses at the hospital and two in the oncology ward. They are going to display the 2 quilts and ask patients to put their name in a box for a draw to win the quilts at no cost to them. This Tuesday night Rochelle will teach us how to make a Blazing Star block using a strip method. We will make it in masculine colours for one of the patients.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Fantastic YvonneA, I'm sure the patients at the hosptial really appreciate your efforts. Making quilts and comforts for others (especially strangers) really gives a buzz to the quilter. You don't expect any thanks, but you know it's making a difference in the lives of others.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Y
Y
Yesterday I finished one of the UFOs from my collection. It was my Japanese Stone Path wallhanging which I was very pleased with. I initially started it in 2010 when a friend and I went on a quilting tour of South East Queensland starting with the 2010 Queensland Quilters Picnic at Gatton and finishing at Cooroy Drapery. She is a very good needle turner and was very patient with me but after two blocks it got thrown in the box until I pulled it out recently. I went over the two blocks with machine stitched buttonhole and then continued on and finished the little mongrel. My husband, Gary (known at the Prince of Darkness) put up the picture hook up and it now adorns our Japanese style bedroom.

Y
Y
I bought my Pfaff machine back in April at the Melbourne Quilting Symnposium. I have been very pleased with it. My purchase prompted two friends to purchase their machines too. Today we had six hours tuition with a Pfaff dealer from Maryborough and only now do I realise how little I know about sewing after 40 years. She talked about things that I have never heard about. I guess that is the worst of being self taught. It certainly was worth it although I am suffering brain overload now and would just love to sew all the time. No time for housework or cooking.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Housework? Cooking? I'm sorry Yvonne, don't know what you mean!!

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.