logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
Just a quick "tip" sewshort. When using polyester fabrics, don't forget to keep your iron temp lower or you may melt some of your fabrics when you press. (Never mind how I know this!) We cotton-lovers tend to forget that the iron has any other setting than "high"!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Y
Y
My main goal for 2012 is to learn to free motion quilt. I am absolutely hopeless but I have a guardian angel I know who has offered to help me out and if I dont progress I may have to get her to fly to me. Another of my goals is to finish the 4 UFOs in the sewing room or is it 5 before I start anything else. Once I get all this done I will make the quilt "Wild and Woolly" from Reversible Quilts by Sharon Pederson and then for me "Maple Leaf Rag" from Material Obsession Two.

P
P
You impress me YvonneA! Only 4 or 5 UFOs...I aspire to be like you!!! (I also need to learn to free motion quilt.)I also LOVE the "Maple Leaf Rag" quilt in Material Obsession Two and the Reversible Quilts by Sharon Pederson. I am also trying to do "quilt as you go" methods with many of my projects. (Avoiding free-motion quilting that way!)

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
You know Piecemaker, doing quilt as you go is a very good way to "ease into" free motion quilting. Each block can be quilted before being put together and you can include one free motion element on each block. That way you will be practicing regularly (which BTW is the secret to good free motion quilting) and you will increase your library of free motion stitches.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
P
P
Good point Judie. That way I'd at least be finishing something while I was practicing!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Absolutely. I encourage quilters to take on making Linus Quilts. These quilts need to be pretty simple and completely machine pieced and quilted. These are ideal sized quilts for practicing your quilting on.

cheerio for now

Judie B

Judie Bellingham

R
R
Hi all. I'm currently working on blocks for a string scrap quilt for a friend who has been ill for awhile. My quilting/crafting group decided this lady deserved a quilt after a long (2 year) illness. We are semi coordinating the colours using blues for the sea and sky and green for our forested mountains here on the coast of British Columbia, Canada. I have also determined a "word" for the year after reading one of the many blogs I follow. My word for this year is "simplify" and that will include using up some of the ancient fabrics in my stash to create quilts to donate to the needy in my community. Happy quilting in 2012!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Love it rainy3. Simplfy, it's a great word, just need to put it into action. I think if you've got fabric that you really don't want to use, remember the groups that make quilts for kids who are ill or need some loving. They'll never say no to quilting fabric.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

Thanks will keep my eyes open x

Great idea, thanks judie at least i wont forget them then and it'll kind of give me a list. Thanks

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.