Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Linda -

Bob is very "blind" when it comes to mess. He simply doesn't see it. A pot sits on the side of the counter and it's just a decoration to him, it's not even something he pays attention to. It only comes to mind when he needs that pot again months later and looks for it, and realizes it's sitting there and needs to be cleaned.

The living room is full of dirty clothes piles, clean clothes piles, guitars, amps, you name it. There's a paper punch-out cutter to make rectangle shapes that I use to turn regular cards into windowed cards for my origami. I use it for holiday cards sometimes. It's been sitting there for *months* waiting for him to return it for me, and now it's Christmas and I need it and can't use it smile I'm sure he doesn't even see it. It's just background to him and he's completely forgotten that I'm waiting on him to do something with it.

Which then gets into the question of why don't I just do it myself. But then like with the pots if I step in and do it, I get scolded for not doing it properly. So it's a lose-lose. But I have to mentally prepare myself that yes, I'll be scolded, and in the meantime the house will be cleaner, so it's a long term benefit and a short-term grumpiness. And that I have to train him NOT to scold me since in the end I didn't make anything "worse" for him. He is simply in the same boat he was in before. He didn't lose anything - and I gained something.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

I think I don't get the surface of the pot polished smooth again. I think I leave the occasional little minute sandpaper type of bump on the pot. I try to scrub as best I can and to me it feels smooth when I'm done. He must have super-sensitive fingers.

I don't mind that he wants them pristine-smooth. I just don't want food-encrusted pots sitting on the counters for months while he gets around to doing that.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, it's spoons over here (LOL). We have 3 sizes and the smallest ones keep walking away (makes me think it's my kids or their fairy friends).

My husband doesn't put anything away after he uses it. Furthermore, he cooks, which is nice, but the kitchen is like a mad scientist's lab afterwards. And he will only clean dishes if I'm on strike.

Half-cleaned kitchens, re-scrubbed pots, and missing silverware. Sounds like a line out of a storybook.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I liked the article on cleaning the fridge. I had just mentioned that this was to be my next project. She read my mind. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
The article on cleaning the fridge was also very helpful. A clean space is very important. Very good article!

Dominique Jordan
Teen Site
S
Shark
Shark
S
Cleaning the kitchen is one of my pet peeves. Recently, we downsized and the house does not have a dishwasher. I hate doing dishes. Hubby's idea of cleaning the kitchen is dumping everything in the sink and letting it soak. Who is going to finish? The kitchen fairy godmother?
Sundancer
Embroidery Fashions Boutique

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't have a dishwasher either. I try to have as few dishes as possible, so that I am forced to wash each thing while it's still wet and easy to scrub.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have been avoiding the kitchen in the old mobile on my property. My behavioral worker helped me clear out the cabinets last time she came, and we loaded the spaces up with canned goods I got from food pantries. First we dusted out the spiders, then i slopped washrags with bleachy soap on the entire cabinet insides, and then added some anti insect treated paper to the cabinet shelves. Finally we added in the cans and powdered goods into some kind of order. I can treat this area as a sort of above-ground root cellar.

I can see the countertop in there now. smile That's nice.

Today I went in there with a microfiber cloths and started working on the outside of the cabinets, which is a 1963 whitish grey formica. Decades of grime, stains and weird globules are all over every surface in there. I spent a half hour doing some serious and painstaking scrubbing of the outside cabinet surfaces. I am not even close to done with just those, but it's a start.

I figure if i spend a few minutes in there every few days, at some point it will be clean enough to look decent.

The best thing would be to have the entire kitchen gutted, but not everyone can afford to do such things! I need to work with the old, sloping, shabby stuff that came with the house. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I did some cabinet cleaning today in the mobile. Just trying to get in a few minutes each day! I have no idea what the gunk particles are. Where do these globules come from?

R
R
When you clean the kitchen vinegar mostly in use, for washing the tiles of kitchen and for remove stains on the tiles we use a nylon scrubbing pad and chlorine-free household cleaner.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.