logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
When it comes to outings, parents these days have a wide variety of options, ranging from strollers to slings and wraps. What may feel right for one family may not be optimal for another. How you determine which is best for your child is more important than which mode of travel you choose.

Baby Wearing � Making the Decision

Megan Faulkner
Attachment Parenting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Megan:

I often wondered if the slings do eventually affect the body - and by this I mean, as we age, I know I have been told to "unload" some items in my purse.

Yes, at age 53, I have taken this advice - but use to carry a suitcase for a purse(lol).

It was like I wanted to make sure I have everything I needed as a "single" parent...

Love your site!

OP Offline
Thank you! I am glad that you enjoy the site!

I have never used a baby sling personally. I worry that they may hurt my back, and the babies never seem too secure in there, although I always hear that they are perfectly safe.

My diaper bag is most likely the heaviest thing that I carry around. It probably weighs more than my son does! I am guilty of overpacking my bag as well, but you never know when you might need all of that stuff! wink

For a while I was making sure not to wear my son in a wrap because my back was so sore. It took me quite a while to realize that it was much harder on my back lugging his carseat around than it was to just carry the baby. I think it can take some trial and error to find what will work best for each person smile

Megan Faulkner
Attachment Parenting
Tiger
Tiger
LOL Megan, I now see those HUGE strollers that seem so HEAVY.

So glad I do not have any babies any more and when I do get some grandkids (my only child is 25, she wants to be married before she has any/I was a single parent from the day she was born) - I am using the lightest mode of transportation I can find.

With so many kids being over 9lbs at birth like mine was, you do need to rethink toting them around on your side like I did. Yikes, wore my side and back out(lol).

W
W
Baby warring is the one type of piece of cloths which is very useful for the parents for carry their baby during traveling and outing. Baby wearing is the good way to carry new baby and its good to carry baby safely. Its very useful for mom for doing works with baby.

Last edited by wiltondabbert; 07/24/12 12:24 AM.
M
M
wearing a baby is such a awesome experience while travelling. It is also called baby sling or carrier which is best friend of parents to carry baby.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.