Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Astera Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
The Bible doesn�t tell us how often a married couple should have sex, it does tell us that a couple is to abstain only when it is a mutual decision. First Corinthians 7:5 tells us, "Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control." So, mutual consent is the "rule" for how often a married couple should have sex. The "rule" is that abstaining from sex must be agreed upon, and that even when it is agreed upon, it should only be for a short time.

Sex should not be withheld or demanded. If one spouse does not want to have sex, the other spouse should agree to abstain. If one spouse wants to have sex, the other spouse should agree. It is all a matter of compromise. We must remember that our bodies belong to our spouses, as 1 Corinthians 7:4 tells us, "The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife." Obviously, the "sexual compromise" in marriage must be reasonable. If one spouse desires sex every day, and the other spouse once a month or less, they will have to lovingly and sacrificially agree to a compromise, a middle ground. Studies show that taking into account all age ranges, a typical married couple has sex 2 times per week.

We have about 1-4 times per week. lovers

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I feel sex should be something that is determined by both partners and as you stated, it has to be mutual.

And sometimes we have to understand that just because one partner does not want to have sex, it does not have to mean something bad.

I am learning this myself as he ages - use to get too "emotional" and when he tried to explain, did not want to hear it(lol).

Now I do, and when we do have sex, it is extra special and meaningful. I no longer keep track of how often at age 53...

V
Wolf
Wolf
V
I think anytime a "number" is attached to making love it becomes one more thing I must do instead of being something I desire.

Tiger
Tiger
LOL - I agree!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I agree.....I don't think numbers matter either, as it can vary from week to week, month to month, depending on stress, fatigue level and health of each partner, life's challenges, etc. There should be intimate time to connect with each other on a regular basis, but only when both partners are in agreement.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I personally don't think that if one person wants sex the other should agree. But that is an interesting perspective!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I think more than a couple thinks they should. Life is too short not to enjoy the gift of sex...just closing out the year on a high note. wink Hmmm, where is that resolutions list?

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Tiger
Tiger
LOL Violette - thanks for the NEW YEAR chuckle smile smile smile

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
When you're a senior like yours truly, there may come a time when you don't have the choice to deal with this question any more.

Last edited by Susan Kramer; 01/01/12 11:37 AM.
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Day and night if they like. Its what its for. Thats half the problem with our puritanical culture. Why do you think that we buy so many E.D. products??? Ponder that a while!!! dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.