Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags, LegacyPoetry, Emily Roxin
57152 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57152 Members
417 Forums
112891 Topics
799115 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 752
Beetlemess 516
Nancy Roussy 232
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 117
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Dianne W - Editor 66
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 64
Tracy - Philosophy 58
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#736769 - 01/01/12 03:32 PM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Astera]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
The bible also does not tell us how often to eat sweets -- yet we do so when we have the desire.

How often a couple has sex is up to the individual couple.

Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Twitter Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Facebook Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to MySpace Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How often should a married couple have sex? Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Reddit
#737956 - 01/04/12 09:27 PM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Astera]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
I believe this is a matter between a husband and wife.

It seems to become an issue only when there is a disagreement within the marriage. That is why couples turn to clergy or doctors or other outside sources to provide guidelines to establish fairness to each partner.

Every person's libido is different so I say that each partner should extend courtesy and consideration in achieving mutual satisfaction.

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Twitter Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Facebook Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to MySpace Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How often should a married couple have sex? Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How often should a married couple have sex? to Reddit
#737959 - 01/04/12 09:32 PM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Astera]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Very well said, Lori.

#738225 - 01/05/12 03:08 PM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

That's right, Lori. It pretty much goes along with the comments here that both people in the relationship should be comfortable with the situation and agree on when intimate time takes place. There is only a problem if one person feels slighted and their needs are not being met. Otherwise every day, once a week, once a month, whatever.....if it works for that couple and they are happy together then there is no problem.

#785524 - 10/01/12 02:25 AM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Astera]
Pantofi Offline
Amoeba

Our numbers: without kids 4-7 times a week with kids: 1-3 times a week.

#787411 - 10/11/12 04:44 PM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Astera]
Craig58 Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Ohio
On how often a couple has sex...

What do you do if one partner says "Please"
and the other partner Always replies "NO" or "Stop it"

#787623 - 10/13/12 12:11 PM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Astera]
DJ_Bear_08 Offline

Loc: OHIO
I have been married for just about 35 years ... and so we have 1-3 times a week maybe more it depends on the mood at the time.

Edited by DJ_Bear_08 (10/13/12 03:29 PM)

#787639 - 10/13/12 02:26 PM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Craig58]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Craig.....you may think it is very stoic to stay in your marriage, but it only hurts you and prevents your wife from taking positive action to increase her own happiness. You are in perpetual stagnation. As I have suggested to you some time ago, you both need to get professional counseling to repair your relationship if your wife won't respond to you sharing your thoughts, feelings, and needs with her.

I can't tell you what to do, but I hate seeing anyone who loves another to have to live in misery. Your wife has issues that can be worked on and healed, and then she can open up to your affection. I don't believe the problem lies solely with you. You are very unhappy and should do something one way or another to make a change in your life. You deserve more, even if your wife does not desire it.

#787807 - 10/15/12 02:42 AM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Astera]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
I also recall Craig's situation, Debbie. You are right in what you say. However, there are trade-offs in relationships, and there are reasons why Craig and his wife stay together.

Craig: Only you can decide what you are willing to do to create a happier life. But "if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting."

Something has to change.

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

#863640 - 05/12/14 06:37 PM Re: How often should a married couple have sex? [Re: Astera]
Craig58 Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Ohio
Debbie, Lori,

Thank you for your advice. Since my last post we have had some counseling. It lasted only about three months because my wife was under pressure finishing her MA degree. I have improved myself by losing 85 pounds over the last two years and keeping it off. I have suggested to my wife relationship/marriage self-help books that I have read by Susan Page, but she has read not more than a couple chapters. My relationship with my wife has changed very little from my perspective. However, she thinks our relationship is relatively good, between 7 & 8 on a scale of ten. I think it is more like a 2. I have told her that I feel we act more like roommates than husband & wife or lovers. Unless, she starts to become loving in the next few months I might very likely separate. Love is not a one way street. Love needs more than a few words. Love is a verb, it requires action.

Edited by Craig58 (05/12/14 06:42 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lori - Marriage 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Spiritual Quotes
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Spirituality
14 minutes 57 seconds ago
Gratitude Challenge
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
36 minutes 43 seconds ago
How much a Wedding Ring is Important for Couple
by Abdul Rashid
Beauty Basics
Today at 06:59 AM
What're those two bright stars at dusk?
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 06:53 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 06:24 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 06:19 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 06:15 AM
Ten Body Care Natural Solutions
by riyash
Body Care
Today at 01:57 AM
Reduce Stress Naturally
by riyash
Body Care
Today at 01:54 AM
Amazing Herbs A to Z: Y
by riyash
Body Care
Today at 01:52 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.