Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga
57414 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57414 Members
417 Forums
113476 Topics
805656 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 493
Beetlemess 151
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 131
Jana - Creativity Editor 121
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 94
Nancy Roussy 93
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Mona - Astronomy 46
Sandra Investing/HFinance 36
Dianne W - Editor 24
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 ... 60 61 >
Topic Options
#733588 - 12/24/11 09:25 AM What is your stress level today?
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Hi Bella Family:

What is your stress LEVEL today?

Me, level 1.

Why, I have the house to myself while my boyfriend and our 2 doggies visit his family in Orlando, Florida. I chose not to go(lol). Needed to work on some freelance stuff in the hopes of generating some income and really not into his family drama. Now, I do MISS the 3 of them big time- that is my family, but it is so nice to be able to watch the only TV we have and fall asleep in front of it(lol). Usually that is Sylvester's spot. With the doggies, they went this time with him (I am in tears) as his son who is really the doggie's owner will be there. I just made sure they would be coming back!!! His son and wife are in the Air Force and went back on base - so we had the pleasure of playing mom & dad to their two mutts (Jeremiah, Jack Russell Terrier & Bobbie/female, a 3-legged Black Pitt Bull who is starting to gray like Sylvester and myself). I cannot wait for them to return as ONE night was all the ME time I needed this time around.

Last night was #1, 3 more to go!

Now your turn...

And Happy Holidays & all the BEST for 2012!!!!

Edited by Angela J. Shirley (12/24/11 09:28 AM)

Add What is your stress level today? to Twitter Add What is your stress level today? to Facebook Add What is your stress level today? to MySpace Add What is your stress level today? to Del.icio.us Digg What is your stress level today? Add What is your stress level today? to Yahoo My Web Add What is your stress level today? to Google Bookmarks Add What is your stress level today? to Stumbleupon Add What is your stress level today? to Reddit
#734285 - 12/26/11 04:15 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I am doing pretty well with the stressors these days, which i am so thankful for. Right now I am working on not feeling stress from people needing me to hang out with them.

I am reminded to be careful what I ask for! I wanted people to socialize with, and now I have so many I can't keep everyone happy. I am not used to having people want so much of my attention and it makes me feel upset and guilty that I would rather just kick back in my quiet and solitude.

Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Twitter Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Facebook Add Re: What is your stress level today? to MySpace Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What is your stress level today? Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Reddit
#734288 - 12/26/11 04:20 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

Hi Jilly:

There is nothing wrong with wanting both.

The trick is find the balance.

Yesterday was stress level was 10+, now a 1 again. Yippeee!

Nothing like my Bella Family while my real family is heading back home as we speak. Having folks that care does cancel out a lot of unhealthy stress. I get stressed when hurting and the hurt wont' go away. That was last night - tonight is going to be awesome - my family is back and I am back to being ME!!! Yippee.... Healing has taken place, thank you Jesus!

Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Twitter Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Facebook Add Re: What is your stress level today? to MySpace Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What is your stress level today? Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What is your stress level today? to Reddit
#734296 - 12/26/11 04:39 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
You're a sweetheart, lady!!!

My stress today is almost non-existant though I know I have some whoppers to deal with when I get back home into the real world. But the day's I spend at my parent's house always re-energize me, ready to take on the world - HERE I come!!! ...LOL...

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#734516 - 12/27/11 10:22 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

LOL Dianne, thanks for the "chuckle"...

#735490 - 12/29/11 12:04 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

I thought my stress would go way up last night, when I was finally home and when opening mail, received a letter from the home insurance company I've been with for 17 years, that they would cancel my insurance if I didn't make repairs on the house. WHAT!!! Apparently they went around inspecting insured homes.

Some of the things they mentioned had already been fixed others would require a mint of money, oddly enough that didn't even stress me. I must be getting better at this.

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#736249 - 12/31/11 08:43 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

Awesome Dianne - you doing good girl.

Today, my stress level shot up to over 100(lol).

Why?

While walking to the office today, I had the pleasure of having some man trying to be in my face. Thank goodness for my "tiny" knife in my hand and paying attention.

I was able to show my knife, yell for him to back up - bringing attention to the situation and get distance between me and him.

Yikes!

Hugs,
A

Edited by Angela J. Shirley (12/31/11 08:43 AM)

#736271 - 12/31/11 09:21 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Oh my! Do be careful, I'm glad your safe!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#736575 - 12/31/11 06:16 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Loc: Kansas, USA
My stress level gets higher each day as winter break slips away. I am not looking forward to going back to work. I'm trying to stay positive but sometimes it is too much and I break down.

#736579 - 12/31/11 06:32 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Shyte, Angela! I am glad you are a strong, observant woman and that you are okay!!!

Keeping your wits about you (and a tiny knife) is the best protection.

My day is going swimmingly. Very relaxing. Just cleaning and organizing and putzing around. Love it.

Edited by Jilly (12/31/11 06:33 PM)

#736723 - 01/01/12 07:55 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

Thanks Dianne & Jilly for your concern - this morning was back to my "peaceful" walk into the office smile = stress level back to zero!!!

Hi VintageGS, yes going back to work if it is something that is not really you, can create "unhealthy" stress. If you don't mind my asking - do you have any career dreams?

Reason for asking:
Sometimes this helps us to have HOPE that we will get to a point where we do have some stress - this is part of life, keeps us alert/lol - but eliminate a lot of the "unhealthy" stress - the stress that kills folks!!!! Too many of us don't realize the damage "unhealthy" stress do to our body. We are ALWAYS here for you and thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and chatting smile

#737188 - 01/02/12 03:20 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Yesterday I had some stress - was on a first date that I did not have time for and am not sure went well.

Today I have the day off from the demands of other people!YES! I am looking forward to chilling out and getting things organized.

#737446 - 01/03/12 08:27 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

LOL Jilly, good for you!!!!

Bottom line, you are on a NEW adventure and making adjustments - way to GO...

Me, medium stress levels today. Had an uneventful walk to work, no trains to try to outrun so as not to get stuck on the other side smile smile smile It is in the 20's this morning - thank goodness for "hot flashes"... Kept me warm until I could get to the local store to stop and get a sample of my favorite coffee "hazelnut" with "hazelnut" creamer = delicious. Chatted with the store clerk, then headed on the final stretch to the office.

Guess what, someone at the office I work out of 16 hours a week freelancing, gave me a second-hand laptop yesterday. God is so GOOD!!! Now to keep it away from Sylvester's family - they tore up the one he had gotten me from a pawn shop.

Hugs,
A

Edited by Angela J. Shirley (01/03/12 08:29 AM)

#737642 - 01/03/12 01:58 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

mmm, I love hazelnut. And protect your new laptop! Why did they tear it up?

Today I have a meeting with my new clinician, and I am a little nervous - everyone so far has said she is hard and unpleasant. I will bring my little medical binder and see if that helps her like me a little.

I am hoping she can help me with the little matter of the pinkeye too. If not I will need to work a visit to a different dr in. Maybe I will call her now and see if she will want to see me apart from the clinician.

Other than those medical things I have the rest of the day to work on organizing, cleaning, and resting.

#738494 - 01/06/12 08:33 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
Tiger

His family has no "respect" for his stuff and felt they were going to do the same with mine(lol). I am working on getting a LARGE trunk so that I can lock up my stuff when I begin to travel. With my NEW laptop (well, second-hand/lol) - I can now follow my heart - travel to Atlanta, Georgia in search of some much needed freelance income.

My stress level, calm, finally realizing that only God can resolve my lack of income since 12/10/11(lol). But I still feel ashamed when I get home with ZERO to contribute to the household although Sylvester says he does not mind. I do frown

Originally Posted By: Jilly
mmm, I love hazelnut. And protect your new laptop! Why did they tear it up?

Today I have a meeting with my new clinician, and I am a little nervous - everyone so far has said she is hard and unpleasant. I will bring my little medical binder and see if that helps her like me a little.

I am hoping she can help me with the little matter of the pinkeye too. If not I will need to work a visit to a different dr in. Maybe I will call her now and see if she will want to see me apart from the clinician.

Other than those medical things I have the rest of the day to work on organizing, cleaning, and resting.

#738627 - 01/06/12 02:52 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

You are lucky your mate is cool about this. I'd accept that contentedly - it should take some of the pressure off you. smile

I did see my clinician, who is fine. I don't know why some people don't like her. maybe they are just sensitive. Or maybe since I was prewarned my expectations were already low. That can happen.

Today I don't feel very good, so to keep my stress level down, I am lying low and not leaving the house.

#738802 - 01/07/12 10:38 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
Tiger

LOL Jilly, that will get old really fast as he is used to being used by folks.

So I am not getting comfortable with his acceptance.

I guess I have ALWAYS been very "hard" on myself and he says I am - but it is all about my insides.

I have the office to myself = totally enjoying not having my boss around smile smile smile = normal stress level.

You are lucky your mate is cool about this. I'd accept that contentedly - it should take some of the pressure off you. smile

I did see my clinician, who is fine. I don't know why some people don't like her. maybe they are just sensitive. Or maybe since I was prewarned my expectations were already low. That can happen.

Today I don't feel very good, so to keep my stress level down, I am lying low and not leaving the house.

#738901 - 01/07/12 04:24 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Ah, if he is used to be used that can be weird.

Today I am so glad I have nothing on my calendar. I have a list of things I could do, but nothing I must do.

And I slept in too. Looking like a great weekend.

#738943 - 01/07/12 06:14 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Today the stress level is at zero and after the week I had that is quite an accomplishment!

#739920 - 01/11/12 04:17 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
Tiger

Good for you Jilly, we all need to sleep in once in a while.

Ah, if he is used to be used that can be weird.

Today I am so glad I have nothing on my calendar. I have a list of things I could do, but nothing I must do.

And I slept in too. Looking like a great weekend.

#739921 - 01/11/12 04:17 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: VintageGS]
Tiger

Good for you.

Originally Posted By: VintageGS
Today the stress level is at zero and after the week I had that is quite an accomplishment!

#739922 - 01/11/12 04:18 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

Today my stress level is a little high, but I am determined not to let it get any higher.

Prayer does help with things we have no control over.

#740288 - 01/13/12 01:32 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
ashusood Offline

my stress level today 10 because i suffered from lot of work on system and right now suffering from pain in my neck

#740295 - 01/13/12 02:12 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

ashusood, I am sorry to hear about your neck pain. A warm bath usually helps me, and some ibuprofen.

Today's stress was mostly even keeled. I had class and enjoyed that and got to ask a few questions about things that had been troubling me. Then this afternoon was productive.

#741819 - 01/19/12 07:52 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

A good day. I had a class that was good, I got to wear my new animal hood, and got a package in the mail for some cleaning tools I was looking forward to using. YAY!

#742582 - 01/24/12 01:58 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
AprilAlisaMarquette Offline
Shark

Loc: The South
Hi Angela,

My stress level today is quite low. It didn't start out that way, but stress is something I have to work at managing. Thank you for asking.

I also wanted to tell Debbie that the article
What happy people do differently
is fabulous. Love it -- especially the line where you say: Civility generates happiness! Smiles rebound good energy.

Have a stress-free day ladies!

#742901 - 01/26/12 03:38 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Today I had an anxiety meltdown in my case manager's office. The good news is I was able to process it relatively quickly, for me, and move on. The rest of the day went fine.

#744305 - 02/02/12 09:51 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

High. Today is very very high. Red zone. Need to crawl into bed.

#744322 - 02/02/12 10:12 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Medium stress level for me.

Worried about finances, finding a job, having to move across the country within several months, whether or not I can financially keep my two horses, etc. Pair all that with grieving over my sweet boyfriend who just passed away, and it makes for a not so nice day.

I did get out for a walk with my dogs and that helped, and writing in my journal did help too. But in the back of my mind are all the things I know I need to get done. And right now I have no energy to even try.

#744325 - 02/02/12 10:15 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Stress Level is low right now. Another work week is almost over. Can't say it is getting any easier or better but it is more familiar. That always helps.

#744328 - 02/02/12 10:28 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Dave S Offline

Not too bad all things considered. A good dose of radiant vitamin D would be nice. Didn't get a chance to get outside today.

#744335 - 02/02/12 10:54 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jenny - Feng Shui Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: West Virginia
Very, very low, about a -5...the pain from my most recent 'flare' was gone when I work up. Yay!

#744553 - 02/04/12 01:30 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Online   content
BellaOnline Editor

Vitamin D definitely helps with stress - as does a nice long nap!

Remember that tomorrow is always another day!

#744669 - 02/04/12 08:29 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Mild today, thankfully. This is on purpose. The last three days were hellacious. Today and tomorrow I am planning to do nothing stressy.

#744684 - 02/04/12 09:36 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Stress level is low today, probably because I am tired.

#744774 - 02/05/12 06:17 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Mild today, thankfully.

Cassie, tired is an okay place to be. Emotional stress and grief are very draining. Take lots of rest for yourself.

#745814 - 02/11/12 06:32 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Mild today, which is nice. I spent some quality time crying last night over Dan leaving, but he held me while I cried and stroked my back.

It's sad, but it will work out for the best. This marriage isn't going anywhere either of us would want for ourselves.

Anyway, just doing some housekeeping and forum posting - a mellow day.

#746174 - 02/13/12 11:48 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Low today, thankfully.

#746182 - 02/14/12 12:16 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Started out irritated at nothing today, then did some writing, posted a few articles ahead of schedule, and feel peaceful now.

I still might be fighting a cold. My sleeping problems are not helping. I hope i do get some good sleep tonite and am able to be up and at em tomorrow. Got lots of errands to do.

#746369 - 02/15/12 01:35 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Woke up late again, ran out of bed, and then got a few good things across town done! that felt good! Hoping to get in bed by midnite tonite and wake up early enough to get much more done.

#746569 - 02/15/12 09:29 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

had a pretty bad meltdown today. I had to crawl under my case manager's desk and have a good cry. NOw i have a headache. Will drink water. Wish I could take a bath.

#746574 - 02/15/12 09:42 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Oh, Jilly. So sorry to hear of your difficult time. Maybe light a candle or two and put on some soft music to wind down tonight. I hope you were able to take a walk today after the meltdown. That can help.

Don't you have a friend in the area who would let you take a bath at their place now and then?

I hope you will have a better day tomorrow.

#746575 - 02/15/12 09:43 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

My stress level today is low.

#746585 - 02/15/12 10:00 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Thank you, Cassie. That is nice that you feel better today. Good for you. What have you done to feel more peaceful?

I will take your advice and light some candles. Great idea.

I can think about friends and tubs. it's a thought, thanks.

#746595 - 02/15/12 10:17 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I take my dogs for a walk every day if possible. I allow myself lots of time to reflect and do what I need to for myself.

With still being unemployed I have time to do this, but I do need to start the job search again very soon. I need expense money and funds to move later in the year. I took a break with the job search because my boyfriend died and there was lots to do, and then the grief took me over full force and sent me into a whirlwind of pain.

I am trying to accept what happened. Going on without him is very difficult. Just two years ago I had to go through another death of sorts....my marriage. That was something I did not want, and the pain was great there too. I know there are a lot of life lessons here for me, but it does stink to have to be in pain a lot, especially because of losing a man I love deeply. I am trying to find the positive in all of this just to be able to survive. The only good thing about my boyfriend's passing is that he is no longer suffering.

In a nutshell.....making time for myself for whatever it is that I need, cutting myself a little slack, and doing the best I can to be positive is helping me with the stress. It is not always easy but I am doing the best I can.

#746601 - 02/15/12 11:01 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Vi - Blogs/Small Office Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Pennsylvania
High! My husband is coming home in a couple of hours after being gone for nearly two weeks and the house is a mess, I've caught the cold of my youngest daughter and I'm exhausted. I don't know how single moms do it. And really, it is not that much better having three kids and hubby home, as helpful as he is, but dang, to lay down at night and not be alone after a long day...man, I've been missing that. It didn't help he was across the globe and we talked or texted maybe five minutes a day.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

#748068 - 02/25/12 11:02 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

My stress level is low today. That is nice.

#748070 - 02/25/12 11:05 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Mine's pretty low, too. The Sandwiches article has posted, and the newsletter and forum are up to date.

I'm getting ready to go teach my Saturday classes. It's the last class of the session, so we all know each other really well. It should be an excellent day.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#748476 - 02/28/12 02:25 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Today was nice and mellow, just like the weekend. I made some decisions, got some things done, and it feels quite good. smile

#748624 - 02/28/12 08:31 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I am happy for you, Jilly. I am feeling pretty calm myself.

#748640 - 02/28/12 11:05 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Thank you cassie. Glad you are calm too.

Today was fine. I was running around doing stuff but felt mostly calm. I did do a nice walk along Beaver Creek with a friend that I am getting to know.

#749638 - 03/05/12 05:31 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Today is going well. No real stress. Just doing some reading and minor gardening.

#750491 - 03/10/12 05:12 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Jilly -

It is wonderful that you are creating an environment that brings you serenity! Kudos to you - it has ben a long time coming and you definitely deserve it.

#753788 - 03/27/12 10:08 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

High level of stress today.

I explained in the "How did you sleep last night?" thread. My stomach is in knots. I have not felt this kind of stress in a while. I had hoped I wouldn't have to again.

#753799 - 03/27/12 11:30 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Today was peaceful, but this evening i starting feeling a little freaked out when i went to the food line at the Bread of Life. Too much noise and activity and people and sounds. I did get plenty of food to take home though.

#753852 - 03/28/12 10:04 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I am very sensitive to noise and lots of activity too. The excess energy vibes can really get to me. I prefer peaceful places.

#754076 - 03/29/12 10:47 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Stress level has gone down considerably. Thank goodness.

#754367 - 03/30/12 02:28 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor

That's wonderful to hear, Cassie! I'm glad you are relaxing. Spring is coming, and it's nice to breathe in that fresh air.

Jilly - I dislike crowds as well and they can make me tense. Bob and I did a mall walk a few days ago to test out the Biggest Loser SlimCoach and other pedometers against each other. The weather was too nasty to do the test outside. He asked if I wanted to eat in the food court afterwards, and I adamantly said no; I didn't want to deal with the noise and people even though it wasn't very full.

#757217 - 04/15/12 05:41 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Stress level is pretty low today.

#757404 - 04/16/12 08:10 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Mild today. Just staying in my PJs and doing stuff around the house. Concerned though about my birthday tomorrow. I have no plans and I think I will be sad and lonely.

#757406 - 04/16/12 08:25 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
loong Offline
Gecko

Loc: Mt Tremblant,quebec ,can
To all,

My day was as expected,beautiful,stress level,pretty low.To Jilly
Your birthday is only tomorrow.why don't we all enjoy this beautiful moment together.Dear Debbie,if they gave you the job ,it is surely because ,and I am sure,because you will do a great job.

Loving to everyone.

loong

#757413 - 04/16/12 08:44 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loong, you are right intellectually - a birthday is only a day, and fretting over it only ruins the now.

#760637 - 05/03/12 12:14 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Stress is a little more manageable today. Yesterday I almost had a meltdown.

#764489 - 05/24/12 11:28 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

My biggest stress lately is over trying to find a job. I am all out of reserves and getting desperate. If it was not for that issue I would be doing a lot better overall.

One day at a time.....

#764607 - 05/24/12 07:28 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

had a few meltdowns over the last week with the whole trying to get social security income thing. better today. Still having a hard time being around people. It takes so much effort.

#768802 - 06/18/12 07:42 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Pretty good right now. I had family out last week, so i got a lot of rest over the weekend and am catching up on stuff this week.

I highly recommend allowing yourself rest days after house guests!

#768818 - 06/18/12 08:59 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Vi - Blogs/Small Office Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Pennsylvania
Not bad. It was the official first day of summer. I was going to get the kids up early, since the youngest has a school program starting next week...but we slept in. I guess the Father's Day festivities allowed me to spoil everyone.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

#773107 - 07/15/12 12:35 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Pretty low stress today because I am taking a day to myself. Most of my days now are pretty busy.

#773639 - 07/17/12 09:31 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Low stress also, am taking a day mostly off. I accomplished my one big thing of getting a battery put in my jeep.

I have one big thing for tomorrow too. Just taking it easy in general this summer.

#774846 - 07/24/12 09:36 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

It was high stress this morning but I was able to resolve some things, so it got better towards the end of the day. I am wiped out now.....

#774911 - 07/25/12 09:45 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Stress level a little better today. Still quite tired, though.

#774917 - 07/25/12 10:53 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Ice land Offline
Jellyfish

Well, I am very busy and have a stree of can't finish the task.

#776083 - 08/02/12 05:29 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
online jewelry store Offline

#776169 - 08/02/12 06:56 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I had a very social couple of days this week, so i am staying in bed today. Just reading and writing. It helps to plan for down time after active/social time, to restore my inner resources.

I think I will make myself some decaf and go back to bed with my netbook.

I posted a vine review already, so i even feel productive.

#776183 - 08/02/12 07:45 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Illinois, US
Originally Posted By: online jewelry store

Hope world is stress free someday.

That's a wonderful sentiment online jewelry store. I too hope that.

Today I am feeling stress-less; in fact, I would say, "at ease." My older girls are away and my hubby is available to help with my youngest. I have taken to juicing today and affirming an attitude of unconditional love. I feel very understanding that everyone is learning and experiencing life parallel to my life. Therefore, I am taking nothing personally and my world is calm.

#786449 - 10/05/12 10:35 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Feeling good today. I was all set to do ranch sitting and then found out i wasn't needed, so that threw me. I don't like unexpected changes. But i won't ever say no to the chance to hang around and read all day...so, feeling at ease. smile

#786990 - 10/09/12 07:29 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor

That is wonderful that you are finding stress-free days in your life, Jilly! You have really created quite a lovely atmosphere for yourself. Kudos!

#793316 - 11/19/12 01:27 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Today: off the charts, almost suicidally bad. I can't live like this.

#800119 - 01/11/13 05:38 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
guarnad Offline

There is nothing wrong today with me. But the weather conditions are very worse.I am managing every thing in very best way and living happy life. Thanks for sharing.

#800124 - 01/11/13 06:08 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Ruby June Offline

Loc: Spokane
According to all the high levels of stress inducing things going on all around me today, I should be in bed with my blankets pulled over my head. But....I've been working on stress reduction for about a year and I am breathing, meditating, writing through the life events that want to crush me. Sometimes I wonder if there will be a tipping point that will either send me sailing off into space with no life suit on...or....let me be the person I work toward developing: peaceful.

#800258 - 01/11/13 11:06 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

It was very high all through the day de to messing with governmental regulations to get next month's meds ahead of time, final packing for my trip, traffic construction diversion on the interstate, my cat screeching in my ear the entire drive, having my car stop running six times so far out to CA, and then finding every motel in Gila Bend was booked solid. I made it down to some town called Wellton where I could find a room (by then, at 1am).

I took my ativan and stayed mostly calm. No temper tantrums. I am proud of myself. And now, at this motel, I just took a long hot bath in a really deep, clean tub. Feeling peaceful at last. I will even do some gentle yoga stretches.

Tomorrow will be more car stress (this will be it's last trip). But i just have to limp it along to San Diego, and everything else will be taken care of. Parents are GREAT!. :-)

#802066 - 01/22/13 11:48 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Hang in there and stay safe, Jilly!

#808154 - 02/26/13 07:55 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Elephant

Loc: Grand-Métis, Quebec, Canada
Today it is low. Welcoming change since not only am I not a stranger to stress but lately I have had a few panic attacks and more things due to stress (i am dealing with the rest of what happened lately and most of it is gone thankfully...it keeps on getting back but i can let go soon after and it does not affect me like it did)!

#808872 - 02/28/13 01:24 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

No stress today. I had an unfortunate meltdown last night, which wore me out. In good news, that made me sleep early and long.

Today is just a day to be alone, rest, recuperate from dental work, hang out with my kitten, and enjoy the blue sky. Nice.

#811226 - 03/14/13 08:37 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Glad you had a better day, Jilly.

Yesterday was a crazy day for me. Some insane circumstances hit the fan and I was thrown way off balance. I was very stressed, so I went to bed early with a knot in my stomach and stomach pains. Today I woke up with a cold. It is amazing how fast stress throws your body for a loop.

My stress level is medium today. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to survive, yet again.

#811373 - 03/15/13 08:52 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Ruby June Offline

Sorry about the tough day, Debbie. I had a tough day with my psychiatrist. Without meaning to, he hurt my feelings. My heart feels a little tight today and I'm running the tape in my head. I know we will resolve it next week, but it will be a long week. I think I'll try to refocus and think about something else if I can. One thing I've learned from him, Debbie, is that tomorrow is always a new day. Sending good thoughts your way for today.

#811375 - 03/15/13 09:02 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Ruby June Offline

I like this forum because it feels real. Not everyday is a good day and we need someplace to acknowledge that and help each other keep our heads above water. Thank you, ladies, for your honesty.

#811384 - 03/15/13 11:54 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Ruby June]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Thank you, Ruby June, for your thoughtful words.

I hope all gets worked out for you soon.

#812459 - 03/21/13 11:19 AM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Ruby June]
Sarah Rockwell Offline

Yes, every day is a new day with different thoughts, feelings, and ideas.

#814562 - 04/02/13 08:49 PM Re: What is your stress level today? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Elephant

Loc: Grand-Métis, Quebec, Canada
It was pretty high today but I had no panic attacks. First it started with almost no sleep. Then after getting up I knew right away it would not be a good day (a feeling i had mostly) and after making my bed and putting my juice in the freezer (i like it to be a slushie for my breakfast) I went to my computer (charity clicks mostly) and no internet, when the internet came back and I started to do the clicks (stressed out because i had less than 2 hours before i had to leave for errands and an appointment) my dad had one of his many freak out and like usual my mom just accepted it. My mom left (it had to do with a neighbor...my dad did not like that she is HELPING US) he went in the basement all happy whistling and singing (he does that ALL THE TIME and my mom too...its driving me INSANE...my dad does it like psychopaths do it and my mom does it to immitate him.........i learned to ignore them but this is just CANT) because again he was able to make a problem worst and stress my mom but after he came upstairs sighing because he realised that dinner time was near then he went to the attic for a while then came downstairs angry because he had to make his dinner himself (if it werent for the cooked and cut meat in the fridge and the bread he would of eaten candy). When my mom came back home she and the neighbor did what he didn't want to happen but he became all happy after hearing about it. The rest of the day sucked and was full of bad luck.