Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#670967 03/17/11 12:15 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Do you think a "12 Step Recovery" plan helps with various addictions?

I think YES, but the person has to want to do the steps and of course continue to stay away from their "addiction"...

Your thoughts?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
12 step recovery process is a basic and more fundamental one for addiction recovery(whatever may be the addiction whether it is alcohol or drug). Many persons who are addicted have gone through the recover process successfully by this 12 step recovery.

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 03/23/11 01:21 PM.
Shark
Shark
What is exactly and how it is done, Can someone explain in short?

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Kaycee Will:

From what I understand, it is a list of steps that a program has each participant complete.

I am hoping the editor for this site will respond soon as I am sure they would know more details.

Until you hear something, you may want to do a Google search or visit a site like AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) to see an example of their "Steps"...

Have an AWESOME day/night smile

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
The steps are "suggestions" written by Bill W. and Dr. Bill to help people recovery from alcohol. Since that time, the same 12 steps are the foundation for every 12 step recovery group that exists (and there are a lot of them). Recovery from any addiction is not only about the steps. Yes, the steps MUST be worked but it is also going to meetings, getting a sponsor, being of service, and the willingness to do anything it takes. The steps work but you have to work them. You can read the steps of AA online but remember that the steps are only a portion of healthy recovery. And, no one...NO ONE can recovery from an addiction on their own. Read the articles I have written on this site. I cover all of the steps and more!

Hope this helps.

Blessings,

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Kathy smile

E
E
I do agree with Kathy. I personally am a member of one of the other 12 step fellowships that AA gave birth and I do attend AA as well. Were as AA deals primary with alcohol the program of NA deals with the disease of addiction which is fueled by two key components obsession and compulsion and how they manifest themselves in any area of ones life. For identification purposes the literature talks about the most obvious form of the disease drugs but the drugs are just the most apparent symptom of the disease. So if one can simply replace the word drug or understand that it is referring to your particular manifestation this literature will be quit helpful as well as the "IT WORKS HOW AND WHY" AND THE " NA STEP WORKING GUILD" It works if you work it so work it an live. Evan M. Grateful Recovering Addict

G
G
I also go to AA meetings. I find that doing the steps has helped with my addition. I am an alcoholic, I can not stop once I have taken that first drink. Accepting that I am powerless and give myself over to my high power I have not had a drink since Dec 28, 2010. It is one day at a time.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Congrats Gramzie easter

Originally Posted By: Gramzie
I also go to AA meetings. I find that doing the steps has helped with my addition. I am an alcoholic, I can not stop once I have taken that first drink. Accepting that I am powerless and give myself over to my high power I have not had a drink since Dec 28, 2010. It is one day at a time.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Congrats Evan M. king

Originally Posted By: Evan M.
I do agree with Kathy. I personally am a member of one of the other 12 step fellowships that AA gave birth and I do attend AA as well. Were as AA deals primary with alcohol the program of NA deals with the disease of addiction which is fueled by two key components obsession and compulsion and how they manifest themselves in any area of ones life. For identification purposes the literature talks about the most obvious form of the disease drugs but the drugs are just the most apparent symptom of the disease. So if one can simply replace the word drug or understand that it is referring to your particular manifestation this literature will be quit helpful as well as the "IT WORKS HOW AND WHY" AND THE " NA STEP WORKING GUILD" It works if you work it so work it an live.

Evan M.
Grateful Recovering Addict

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.