logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yeah, my family used to be pretty pushy when it came to morals.. I guess a lot more rubbed off than I expected -- If you want freedom then give it first. I have just found that if a person is in a great deal of pain many times the direct approach works the best. Not Always. To each their own. Their Pain Becomes My Pain -- yet I cannot absorb the world's negativity.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A phone call to the court house has put a "temporary" smile on my face

I have been notified that I have been accepted into the ARD program and a formal letter will be mailed out this week to both myself and my attorney. I say "temporary" smile due to the fact that I do not know what the so-called "conditions" are or fines that are associated with this program (it is different for everyone).

As this progresses, I will keep you posted.

~~BETTER TO BE DISLIKED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE THEN LOVED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE NOT~~
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
StormChaser, that is great news! Let us know how things are going! Still hoping the best for you! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
God Bless You and Keep You as He/She/Her/Him/It Promised StormChaser.. You weren't that lady in the movie were you ?
Fight the Good Fight and WIN DAMMIT !!!!!
Sincerely,
Burt B.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
UPDATE:

I know it has been a while since I have written, but, the ups and downs in regards to my situation continue. Once I think everything is ok, it ends up not being the case.

As I stated in my most recent post, I was advised that I was accepted into the ARD program. I received my acceptance letter with the "conditions" and fines. I totally lost it and not in a good way. My first "UP" was being accepted into the program. Then all the "DOWNS" came at once. I have 2 yrs. probation (which I think is way to excessive), I have to complete 200 hrs community service within the first year "AND" here is the big one...they have attached to the conditions that an outstanding bill that my employer's insurance carrier failed to pay for property damage for the telephone pole that the "OTHER GUY HIT" be paid within 9 months..thats almost 10K!! I almost blacked-out after reading that!

It seems that I get one "UP" for every 4-5 "DOWNS". My lawyer told me that I am the insured and that the carrier has to pay. I had faith in him and after a couple phone calls that I "personally" made to the adjuster, they paid the bill!! And just in time right before my hearing before the judge.

My court date to go before the judge was on November 15th and I paid the court fines (around $1300.00) in full and met with my probation officer. I also dropped off a confirmation email from the adjuster with his electronic signature on it stating that the claim was paid in full. You would think that would be good enough..think again!! After talking to the collections dept. they said they have to look into it and see if that will suffice. WHAT THE F***???? Now they are just screwing with me! I have a phone call into the court collections dept. to get a more in-depth explanation.

In the meantime, I have decided to go further to cover my butt. I called the phone/electric company that the insurance company paid and asked for a letter stating that this claim has been satisfied. I was hoping that the adjusters' email stating that he "personally" paid the claim would be good enough..I'm just exhausted cry

~~BETTER TO BE DISLIKED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE THEN LOVED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE NOT~~
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Wow StormChaser....I just read this entire thread and the situation seems to get more surreal by the moment. I think you are getting a raw deal here. I don't have much advice to give except to hang in there and fight for your survival. I hope there is justice on your behalf soon.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
My court date to go before the judge was on November 15th and it wasn't what I expected. I had to pay a fine of around $1300.00 to be accepted into the program and I was put on probation for 2 years with 200 hours community service (which I think is extensive). After I was finally starting to get a grip on everything that has happened, another "DOWNER" has occurred. Please note that this accident happened in March of this year and I continued to work and have my job.

I was just informed "BY PHONE" this past Monday that my employers insurance carrier has decided to drop me due to an unacceptable drivers record and that I am no longer employed. I told my boss that it was totally unprofessional to give me this information over the phone and that it should have been done in person. He said he just got the info. and had to contact me ASAP. I also received a letter from my company stating the same.

I think this is all I needed to go over the edge. The week before xmas I am told of this and I am now unemployed. My DH also just had foot surgery and is out of work for about a month. I do not know how to cope with all this, as my mind controls my body and it doesn't look promising.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I am really surprised that your attorney could not do more for you. This is terrible. I wish I had something more to say, but I don't. I just can't believe it. I am so sorry.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
StormChaser, I'm so shocked and saddened by the way things have worked out in this case. It seems so unfair. If I were you, I would consult with another attorney. I agree with Cassie in that it seems your attorney could've done more for you. There is such a thing as malpractice in the law field, too. Most attorneys (I think) will still do phone consultations free of charge. Even if you have to pay a consultation fee, it would be worth it, if you could get your job back.

I wish I had more to offer you, but it's the only thing I can think of. I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. I will be praying for you and your family.

In the way of depression, remember that it's important that you take care of yourself. The more depressed you are, the more difficult it will be for you to do anything about your situation. Try to get some exercise and get outside in the sunshine for a while each day. Read my article on SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). SAD I know that your depression isn't necessarily seasonal, but there are some good tips in that article.

I'm still hopeful that this can work out for the best for you, StormChaser. Sometimes we have to go through hard times in order to appreciate good ones. I believe that good things are ahead for you. Hang in there! Tomorrow begins a new year, and I'm trusting that it will be a good one for you! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
M
Shark
Shark
M
Isn't the ARD program in PA for first time DUI offenders? I'm pretty certain that's what it's for. I just looked it up, and that's what it's for.

Last edited by missyT; 12/31/11 04:46 PM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.