Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Shark
Shark
O
Thanks Lisa. You are both so understanding, and I am so happy to be here.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I decided to add my current post onto this thread, because it has been one of the more popular threads this year, and it's worth revisiting as we head into the New Year. I always think of Solstice as a time to go inward and work with my 'shadows' in preparation for the 'rebirth' opportunity of the New Year...

This week I posted a review of Tsultrim Allione's Audio Course The Mandala of the Enlightened Feminine. Despite the name, this course is not a women's spirituality offering. Instead it is of the same tradition that inspired this original post - practices for acknowledging and transmuting the parts of ourselves thayt obstruct our happiness - anger, ignorance, fear, greed, unworthiness, etc.

In the practice she offers here, we work to transform our expression of these energies from their obstructed to their enlightened state...

I'd love to hear anyone's take on the energies they feel they most embody and would like to transform in the New Year!

Last edited by Lisa - Buddhism; 12/20/11 01:26 PM.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
If I think about negative emotion in my world it seems to be frustration. Maybe frustration that things are slower / more challenging than they "need to be". But then I have to accept that in our imperfect world that they are NORMAL the way they are. I am expecting something unrealistic. That is unfair. I should be grateful for the speed I get.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That's interesting Lisa, because having met you, you seem like a very calm, patient person. But I also get frustrated with things not being as 'efficient' as they could be...if that's the cause of the frustration, in this particular Buddhist psychological system it would probably be classified as a perfectionist tendency, and could be a combination Vajra/Karma type...the enlightened expression of these types is 'clear, insightful, truthful' in the case of the Vajra, and 'compassionate, service-oriented, productive' in the case of the Karma type, and that seems to fit you quite well!

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Lisa -

I do strive to be patient but I'm not always successful smile

I was thinking about this some more, and an analogy I came up with is planning out a drive an expecting all lights to be green along the way. That would be an unrealistic expectation, but I think I do that sometimes. Instead, I should plan out a trip expecting at least half the lights to be red, because that is *normal*. And if it's a critical trip to make in a certain amount of time, I should expect that it *could* be that on this trip all lights happen to be red, and account for that possibility.

That way I can work towards my goals smoothly, even though life has its chaotic moments.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.