Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Rayna, this is a great list! I think you can get all these done.

the garage organizing might end up being the most complex task - it depends on what you have in your garage. But within three months is very doable. What are your first steps? With a multistep project I like to break it down into smaller steps.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, so here is where I am at today -

utility help - I have an appointment for the 22nd - let's hope i manage to bring everything in this time. smile

spaying the girls - after many phone calls I managed to find some voucher situations. I need to make a few more calls and fax in my applications.

bring in one load of recycling this week - my car is still full of scrap metal. This is unsafe for driving. frown

baby steps in the lean-to - took a before photo [below]

food stamps - i would like to go in on wed. some people offered to go with me. I hope i can manage to do this.

Last edited by Jilly; 12/05/11 08:25 PM.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Jilly,

I love it, you're taking an action for each of your goals.

One action at a time. One step at a time and eventually you get where you want to go!

take care and keep us posted!

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Leah, that is a very interesting article. Thank you for linking to it for me.

I don't know what kind of task satisfaction i get. How do i figure that out? I don't think either long term or methodical is exactly me.

Hi Jilly,

I know what you mean. I'm not referring to jumping for joy happiness at completing these methodical or short term goals. It's just a mild feeling of positivity. Like tonight I helped my 13 year old son conduct his first interview as a student journalist. It took all of 15 minutes. Things went well and I felt a few moments of satisfaction afterward. I hummed while I was washing the dinner dishes.

Other times when I complete something short term�like a dreaded dentist appointment-- it's just a "whew, glad that's over with" feeling of relief.

Satisfaction, relief, tiny bursts of triumphs etc these are all positive feelings that I try to experience several times a day. Today I was able to renew my library books for another two weeks without having to bring them in. That little burst of positivity gave me the momentum to tackle a larger problem.

I think sometimes we�re just tearing through life tackling one problem after another and we�re not taking the time to acknowledge our good, our value and all of our hard work.

It's important that every time you make an appointment and keep it or when you handle a phone call you've been dreading etc, give yourself a little pat on the back. You deserve it.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Rayna,

I like your approach. Taking part of your longer list to work on right now.

Stephanie Winston in her book the Organized Executive talks about slowly "feeding" your daily or short term list with things from your master list.

*Feeling* good about what you are doing right now and being okay with what you're *not* doing right now is half the battle I think.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Leah, I agree. I do forget to pat my back. So i will do so right now - I got my guidance clinic to fax in my application for a spay voucher for Cameron today! YAY!

I love what you say here - "It's just a mild feeling of positivity. Like tonight I helped my 13 year old son conduct his first interview as a student journalist. It took all of 15 minutes. Things went well and I felt a few moments of satisfaction afterward. I hummed while I was washing the dinner dishes."

I can relate to that. I can try to see life as a strand of little happy pearls of things being accomplished. Instead of a heavy, rusty chain of failures.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Good news! The animal voucher charity approved my application for my kitten, Cameron. I have an appointment monday to take her in for a spaying. It will only cost me $25 (most places charge $80-130) after the voucher.

I am so pleased, as I keep thinking she will come into her first heat every day.

Then next month i can take in my other girl kitten, and in Feb, there is actually a free spay clinic for the remaining male.

That will come to $50 for the three of them, which is still a lot of money for me, but far, far better than dealing with endless litters of kittens!

This worked out fairly well. I made a lot of frustrating random vet and shelter phone calls, and was feeling defeated. Then I called a woman with an informal cat sanctuary and asked her what SHE does. And then I simply did what she told me. smile

This is a huge weight off my shoulders.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bummer, I did not take the cat in. Need to try again. They want me to come too early in the morning and I can't seem to get up before noon.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lol - okay, I actually got up today and took the cat in...and turns out Cameron is running a fever. So they deemed it best to wait until she is not sick.

I know it's better to wait...but I see what is going on here. The universe doesn't want me to get Cameron spayed. That must be it.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Updates on my seasonal goals -

have food stamps - will be putting all my effort into this after getting the catholic charities help.
Make the small trailer safe for the road - I might have some roadblocks with this.
organized my lean-to - it's getting better, and i need to find some flooring for it before putting stuff back in.
Sold my recyclables - i have someone helping me with this on the 19th.
sold some silver - i have made calls and just need to do it. I should set up an errands day where I go to cottonwood once a week.
have utilities help with catholic charities - I have an appointment on the 22nd to get this done.
back on track with NACOG - i won't touch this one until i have the food stamps and catholic charities help done.
have had a mammogram
everything off my huge porch (it looks like something from hoarders) - i can't get things out until i have some kind of flooring in the lean to.
everything out of the rv, inside of RV cleaned - getting closer. I take a few things out here and there.
firepit made
have a financial plan for spaying my kittens before they become fertile - i do have the plan, now need to get them all spayed. smile

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.