Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Originally Posted By: Francine - German Culture

Hi Anna, Here is the latest update from this side of the pond, it is a short but to the point article.

There is a strong feeling that Mikhail Prokhorov is not quite what he says he is, and that he could be part of a conspiracy to draw away focus from the protests and protesters.

It is a bit like a European fairy tale where 'the plot thickens' before everything is solved..........one way or the other, after all fairy tales from Europe do not always have 'happy' endings
smile

Billionaire to stand against Putin � but whose side is he really on?

Thanks Francine for the link! I find it fascinating that a former chess champion, Garry Kasparov is also in the race. Perhaps Kasparov's reasoning and tactical abilities can be put to good use.

Valid point about drawing attention away from the issues....
It brings to mind the movie, "Wag The Dog."

Anna - AHHA
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Originally Posted By: Les-Mexico Site
Hi Anna,

Mikhail Prokhorhov, the majority owner of the National Basketball Association's New Jersey Nets (soon to be the Brooklyn Nets) potentially the President of Russia. Muy Interesante!

Hi Les,

The whole thing is like a soap opera, leaving us all wondering, how will it end?!

Anna - AHHA
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Originally Posted By: Elleise - Clairvoyance
Perfect!!!

Oh I wish this was a commercial for the upcoming elections!

With so many countries and people in the cross-roads of uncertainty, it's a bit like...

Well, it's a bit like drowning in the Ocean, scrambling in desperation and GRABBING the first 'doughnut ring' thrown to them.

As things are, health-wise/care, ambulance, etc...

I don't have health insurance. well, guess what?

If I dialed 911? An ambulance would be dispatched to my whereabouts. I would be taken to the hospital and made to wait, just like EVERYONE else (who does have healthcare) until they get to me.

I know this as once upon a time I did have healthcare and I had something that ruptured on the inside and was bleeding internally.

Waited for hours! I was conscious though, in and out and a strong personality. The staff was laughing and going back and forth in the operation room and I had it within myself to say,

"YOU KNOW WHAT? NONE OF YOU ARE MAKING THIS ANY EASIER! WHERE'S THE DOCTOR?"

Their response?

"We don't even know if what you're experiencing is drug withdrawal! And we have limited doctors on staff tonight."

So I asked for a blood test to move things along and 2 more hours later a doctor arrived.

Whatever ELECTIONS drive for, across our lands, there's a much, much bigger organization going on.

Believe it or not, but where single communistic, democratic civilizations have failed...they're trying to find a way to herd everyone into a world order that isn't going to be much different.

You may get excited along the way, and even ticked off with whatever your current situation is, but there's a reason dictatorships, communism and tyrancy fails.

In the end THE SOURCE, the individuals running the show are doing so in the name of control and greed.

They don't live like the common person and wouldn't want to. Your efforts are going to their ends of mean...living on top of the world (litterally)!

The answer, recognizing your common neighbor as the human being they are and not the enemy heads of state would like for you to believe. Power in numbers smile

Hi Elleise,

What an experience you had in the ER! Scary.

Thanks for the post. You've made excellent points!

It always comes down to the age old concept that avarice is the root of all evil.

From this is derived the division of the haves versus the have nots; the toil and labor of the majority supports the system and the elite thereof. Because the despots are not in touch with this majority or the commoners, it leads to unrest and upheavel...look what happened in the Russian Revolution back in 1917. 95% of the population was composed of the peasant class, and the remaining 5% the elite.

Did it work out in the end?

Yes -- da -- recognizing and treating your neighbour, your fellow man as you would yourself works miracles!

MEER VSEM -- Peace to one and all!

Last edited by anna*AHHA* Ruscult*; 12/14/11 11:44 AM.

Anna - AHHA
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

A lighter touch to the discussion Anna����.one of the latest members of Russia�s parliament is a former Playboy magazine cover girl, while there are a great many rumors, backed up by pictures, swirling around Europe at the moment that seem to show a prem'er-ministru Putin who has had an overdose of Botox recently.

Playboy cover star Maria Kozhevnikova wins Russian parliament seat

Botox and Prime Minister Putin

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Oh that's a good one Francine! smile

I believe there was a similar situation with a "star" running for the House of Representatives in the US some time ago.

The Big P is certainly a handsome devil with his newly refreshed face!

Anna - AHHA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.