Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired

Did you know that 50% of the world's population of people are "chronically" dehydrated?

No.

Where is the source for the statement?

Drinking too much water is dangerous. Water is in everything we eat and drink and forms part of your daily water intake. Drinking glasses of water when your body isn't thirsty is not wise.

You need more in hot climates, less in cool climates. A big person needs more than a small person. There isn't a 'one-size fits all' (e.g. 3 glasses) ideal.

If anyone is concerned about water intake they should consult their doctor, IMO rather than a web forum.

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Peter!

Thanks for stopping by. I think your only challenge here is in my 50% statistic. I got that information from a Nutritionist for Chronic Illnesses (referred to me by my Naprapath). I should have looked that up before posting, it can be found all over the internet, but not scientifically documented.

While it is true that we get water from many of the other things we eat and drink, and where you live also plays a factor in how much water you need to consume, humans are still under hydrated. According to Mayo Clinic we are losing water simply by breathing.

Dr. Oz says a well hydrated person has clear urine. What are we looking like out there?

In the book, "Your Body's Many Cries for Water", Dr. F. Batmanghelidj
talks about the benefits of water and how it can often cure the ailments of our existence with increased intake.

My own results of increased energy, mental clarity, more flexible joints, clearer vision, skin, and lips are enough to make a believer out of me.

Come on Peter, take the challenge. Drink 24 ounces of water 1st thing in the morning and let us know if you feel better.

Thanks for challenging me Peter. Because of you, I've decided this is the stuff of a great article. May it inspire everyone to hydrate. Until then, here is a great site to review on water intake.

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 12/29/11 01:29 PM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Monica, Jilly, Megan-

How's it going? Feeling any difference?

Peter, accepting the challenge?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Drinking a whole lot more water during the day, and actually been feeling pretty good. I don't quite remember to hit each morning.

Today i had warm milk instead of my decaf and I didn't miss the coffee at all.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Glad to hear that you are getting your water in.

I've been so busy, getting only 3-4 hours of sleep, for the past 4 days, that I have fallen off my 24oz 1st thing in the morning. I'm very aware of the difference. This morning, my daughter stated, "mom your hands are too rough on my face. I don't like it."

Tomorrow I'm back on the surf board.

Who's in?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, that is so not enough sleep. I'd be seriously cranky all day on only 4 hours of sleep. I like around ten hours, honestly! I love sleeping. smile

I've been drinking more water during the day all week. Does this really have to be water first thing? I am liking my morning hot milk.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired
Drink 24 ounces of water 1st thing in the morning and let us know if you feel better.

I measured my daily water consumption and reckon I consume just over 3 litres a day of liquid - that's tea & coffee (both black) wine and water. ( 3L = 101.5 US fl oz)

First thing I have about 200ml fruit juice, then three mugs black tea, roughly 500ml, total 700ml which equals 24 US Fl oz.

Water is water. Tea is flavoured water.

The body has a system for telling you when it needs liquid - thirst. Also you can check by looking at your pee (easier for a man I know) - if its other than pale yellow then you need water. When you fly directly to a very hot climate it is surprising how much liquid your body needs till it re-adjusts, which takes a couple of days. But when the body need liquid it preserves what it has and you suddenly realise you've not needed the bathroom all day. Checking pee colour is, IMO, important in these cases.

I do not believe a large number of Americans or Europeans are dehydrated where we have access to free water on tap. When I have beenin the US it seems almost everyone is sucking on something or carrying a huge paper container of drink. Junk it might be, but its also 99%+ water.

You said earlier well-hydrated Marathon Runners suffer less complications afterwards. Yes, and some suffer the worst complication of all, death:

Almond et al. Hyponatremia among runners in the Boston Marathon. New England Journal of Medicine. 2005. PubMed #15829535. Comments: According to this report, over-hydrating (hyponatreamia) �has emerged as an important cause of race-related death and life-threatening illness� in marathoners. Race-related death and life-threatening illness! From drinking too much water! The researchers found that hyponatremia does occur in a �substantial fraction� of nonelite runners, and the factors most likely to be associated with it are �considerable weight gain while running, a long racing time, and body mass index extremes.�

I wonder too about the timing of this publicity about 'de-hydration' among well fed Americans with coffee shops on every corner and water glasses in restaurants appearing at the same time as increasing numbers of companies are promoting bottled water products.

Just saying that a blanket encouragement to drink more water no matter what the readers individual circumstances is questionable because it could cause a health hazard.

8 glasses a day is a myth

Why is too much water dangerous? - A Cal...nking contest

Last edited by Peter - Wine; 01/04/12 08:45 AM.

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Peter. Guess this means you won't be taking the challenge.

So, let me state, 24oz of water, 1st thing in the morning won't kill you unless you are over hydrating with coffee and black tea (which by the way are diuretics).

Anyone else interested in hydrating with water, go for it and check-in with your doctor.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
What challenge? As said, I already start the day with 24 oz of water in form of tea.

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Jilly-

If you are hydrating better throughout the day, stick with it. The 24oz 1st thing in the morning flushes your system before you put anything else in.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.