logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hjt13 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Mine will consist of me making cooked shrimp n served cold with my own cocktail sauce as starters while the Prime Rib is baking in the oven. Horseradish sauce or as jus is served with homemade hot buns. Asparagus tips with a light holandise sauce n Baked Frenched potatoes with wine.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hopefully no where near as much as thanksgiving. Made too much and ate too much. We always say we are going to try finger foods for Christmas but we always end up making another feast.

I like the shrimp cocktail, and maybe some wings, but it turns into a turkey, ham, baked ziti, 2 types of vegetables, salads, mac and cheese, assorted pies, etc...LOL...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Was just thinking about that this morning (LOL). My mind says stuffed Turkey & lots of veggies (raw & steamed). A live dessert & a Red Velvet Cake.

By Xmas, that will probably change.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
G
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
G
This year, we are going to do a an old-fashioned Jeweled Ham for Christmas eve, Scalloped potato's and brussel sprouts with toasted slivered almonds and bacon......mmmmm I am there already. Christmas day is Barron of Beef with Yorkshire puddings and roasted root veggies/potatoes, but I think I need some of Yvonnie's Red Velvet Cake, some of Dianne's Baked Ziti and some of Hjt13's homemade buns. Perfect

Gillian Scianna
Gluten-Free Site
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
As I just bought a 21 year old Burgundy wine (red) and IMO nothing goes better with aged Burgundy than roast duck (and vice versa), I will be having roast duck.

Don't know the sides yet - likely embellished brussels sprouts at the least and home made slaw. maybe I'll say the heck with the diiabetes and heart disease and make candied yams the way the should be made, with butter, heavy cream and brown sugar.

Hey, I thought of Yorkshire Pudding when I saw the prime rib above. Anybody think of any reason I can't use duck fat instead of beef drippings for that traditional Christmas bread?

G
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
G
Duck fat would be "perfect". It would add just enough flavor to the Yorkshire recipe. Duck fat also smokes a little less when you heat it up.....mmm Yams. For Thanksgiving I made yams, and apples layered and baked, then finished them off, smothered in a caramel sauce. Now I am hungry.

Gillian Scianna
Gluten-Free Site
Koala
Koala
We're going nontraditional this year, there is a homemade lasagna in the freezer. I never make one of anything! No mess no fuss!

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
We get tired of turkey and ham so for Christmas, we all chip in for prime rib and have a special dinner with that.

Elephant
Elephant
I don't know but roasted lamb and salads or lamb veggie kabobs and salads sounds good and it's the one meat that all the kids seem to love.

I grew up eating ham, menudo, and tamales and never liked any of it so anything that isn't that works for me.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
My daughter's boyfriend's family always does Christmas tamales and they send some our way. Delicious!

Moderated by  Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.