Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Have you ever been tempted by those hundreds of work at home ads promising a lucrative career as a medical transcriptionist?

This month's spotlight on careers features - Medical Transciption. Think this is an easy work from home job? Don't let the ads fool you. Read on about the field of medicaal transcription.

Spotlight on Careers - Medical Transcription

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Dianne:

Did this for a hospital about 20 years ago, and yes, it is a challenge but doable.

Back then, they taught you the medical terminology so that helped a lot. You also have to pray you get a doctor that speaks "clearly" as I found a lot of them did not and you had to leave blanks to ask about later. This slowed you down.

Now there are a lot of scams going on, so everyone needs to make sure they check out the company/ad before investing your time or supplying any personal info - like an address. This is another way con artists are stealing identifies. Posting FALSE income sources.

Great subject as usual Dianne.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi,
Thanks so much for chiming in. You are 100% correct it is doable and you have to watch for scams.

It's just not as easy as people may think. I spoke to one interviewee (about another job not MT) and she shared that she thought it would be a piece of cake, work from home job and it wasn't. You need to be able to learn the terms and she had a rough time.

Thanks for sharing your experience and letting us know the job is possible!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Dianne:

So there are valid home transcription jobs - great!

Do you know how she found it?

Not that I want to do this, but just in case someone contacts me through my "How To Survive Unemployment" site - it would be awesome having this info. Folks contact me daily asking about income sources and this is another one to add to my ever growing list. So GLAD you wrote about it and looking forward to more ideas from you - so write away girlie!!! easter

And if anyone else has any feedback on this type of work - I would love to hear from you!!!!

We have got to help each other get some income into our lives as not everyone is into the online way of creating revenue - I am not.

I use to compare myself to several successful posters on this forum, no more. God gave me a "gift" and I am pursuing it - networking with unemployed folks, helping them and helping myself in the process.

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 12/10/11 11:07 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.