logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
laugh Francine, "Top Dog" in American phrases means the dog that is on top of the fighting heap, the one who wins a fight. Usually the neighborhood dog who is the most territorial and wants to claim everything first is referred to as the "Top Dog". They are the most aggressive and least friendly. They are not happy unless they are at the top of the heap, or first among all.

In this particular context, it means nothing except that she has posted more than anyone else in the forums over the last 30 days.

Angela had a clear shot at being in that position because Beetle and others were gone for so long.

Actually, if one wants to turn forum post ratings into a dog fight, it is Rosie who has more total posts than anyone and Beetle is right behind her. Therefore, our two top posters (not dogs) of all time are Rosie and Beetle. cool

But, if it makes one feel better to be the "Top Dog", I will say what my Dad always said about meaningless quips: "Whatever floats your boat."

Last edited by Phyllis Doyle; 12/10/11 06:21 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Gosh thanks for letting me know Phyllis. Had not realized that that was important, but have no experience of forums, only this one, and just thought it was where folks put their thoughts out when they had some to share, or had fun playing the various games.

There you go, we live and learn every day, and it keeps us young���.as far as the brain goes at least���..or so �they� say. Well let�s hope so, I could do with all the help I can get. laugh

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 12/10/11 02:52 PM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

OP Offline
You are most welcome, Francine. The forums here are a great place to share thoughts and important information, or play the fun games.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Tiger
Tiger
LOL Francine - look to the left of your screen and you will see the following which I have "pasted" below. Beetle has remained in the #1 spot forever, and I just got it due to his being gone on vacation. It took a couple of days for me to "notice" as I don't look at this data. That was my clue to ask where he was - got worried, thought something had happened to him. Anyway, let me know if this answers your question - believe me, Beetle will be back in the #1 spot with Rosie right behind him(lol).

Top Posters (30 Days)

Angela J. Shirley 390
Rosie L 287
Beetlemess 235

Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 184
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 173
Jilly 143
anna*AHHA* Ruscult* 138
Eileen Brit TV 122
Cassie67 103
Yvonnie-Inspired 101

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Thanks for the info. Angela������but you need not have worried. Over the months Beetle had mentioned several times, in various posts on several different sites, that he was going to 'leap across the pond' to climb mountains and visit Christmas Markets etc., in Austria and Germany.

Just a shame there was no snow really�����and there still isn�t very much, where has it gone? There is a distinct possibility that in many parts of Germany Weihnachten this year will not be white, in fact it might even be warmish (for the time of year) and sunny!
frown

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Tiger
Tiger
And remember that I have been "missing" from the forum due to being too busy = missed his posts. Just glad other family members "clued" me in when I finally asked easter

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Yes it is easy to miss posts, was happy to be able to tell you when you asked and put your mind at rest Angela.

And it will be fun to hear what else Beetle has to tell us about his trip, would love to know if he had a chance to visit Neuschwanstein, the castle on the German Culture Avatar, for example. It is quite an experience so I hope so.

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 12/13/11 06:24 AM.

OP Offline
I would so love to visit Neuschwanstein Castle. I thought that was the mountain Beetle was going to climb in his lederhosen. He assured us though that there was no way lederhosen would find their way onto him. But, I think visiting Neuschwanstein Castle was on their intinerary.

Oh, Beetle, what happened to the Flammkuchen? I was planning a welcome back party for you and was looking for the Flammkuchen. I got two kegs ready.

Ein Prosit...

Last edited by Phyllis - Appalachia; 12/12/11 01:41 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
For you, Beetle:

Edelwei� - Edelweiss
DEUTSCH

Musik: Richard Rodgers
Text: Oscar Hammerstein
Deutsch: Unbekannt

Edelwei�, Edelwei�,
Du gr��t mich jeden Morgen,
Sehe ich dich,
Freue ich mich,
Und vergess' meine Sorgen.
Schm�cke das Heimatland,
Sch�n und wei�,
Bl�hest wie die Sterne.
Edelwei�, Edelwei�,
Ach, ich hab dich so gerne.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
What's this about dogs (hunde) - woof woof.

& postings could be weak for this week with a major program review going on at the office... Oh well

(Seven days without posting makes one weak <week>)

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.