logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
S
Hi from Elephant Butte, NM, just a few miles from Truth or Consequences. Our quilting group, Winter Quilters, has about 40 members and we meet year=round to sew and make charity quilts. Most of us are retired. Almost all of us use the internet. Our weather ranges from 100 plus degrees in the summer to below 0 in the winter, but most of the year is just plain pleasant. The new Spaceport America is in our county, as well as several ranches owned by Ted Turner, but we are one of the poorest counties in the state. Elephant Butte Lake is the largest recreational lake in NM. Love your website and all the great links!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Sally, I love the name of your town - Elephant Butte and after looking a pictures from there, I fully understand why your town is named Elephant Butte. But what about Truth or Consequences, are they really names of towns?

Also, your weather is really variant, I guess you get the both of best worlds.
Keep on quilting!
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Hi, I'm Brenda from Huntington Beach, CA, USA, located south of Los Angeles and our seasons are cool summer and warm summer, rarely have humidity, usually only rains from October till April and then not much. Temps average 49F to 65F in the cooler months and average 65F to 75F in the warmer months but occasionally we get hot weather. We live about a mile from the ocean so we get the nice breezes. I've been quilting for many years. I've kept my very first quilt which was a baby quilt I made for my older son now age 45. The quilt was not made very well but is precious anyway. I love reading your blog, Judie, and the links are interesting. It's fun reading where others live.

Hello! I am from Newton, North Carolina in the USA. I was born and raised in the hills of West Virginia and am a real hillbilly. I like old fashioned quilts and fabric from the 1930's. I like readng this forum and knowing there are kindred spirits out there.

G
G
Hi Judie My name is Deb and I am from the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. I am so very addicted to quilting, like the poem you posted on your link. It was great to do your class at Pennys shop last weekend Cheers for now Gammy (Deb)

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Deb, so glad you did my class and lived to tell the tale!! We do have a bit of fun don't we. Glad you liked the poem, it's a beauty I think.

Take care and keep on quilting

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

Hello, I am Jessie. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. A Rather cold place. I only started quilting a few months ago after I read the Sugar Camp Quilt. I hand piece and hand quilt all my projects so far I have done two hot plates and I am working a table runner.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Jessie, welcome to Bellaonline Quilting. I'm delighted to hear you've just started quilting, you've found yourself a good resource here at Bellaonline. Congratulations on your finished projects - that's a great start. Keep in touch and stay well.
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

B
B
Hi Judie, Yes they are Jacaranda Trees you can see in the photo, the city is just a sea of purple when they are out, it is just beautiful. I am not a member of a quilting group yet, quilting does not appear to be that big here (am originally from melbourne - been here 3 years), I have found a lovely patchwork shop though, so still managing to get my fabrics. Cheers Deb

Hi Im Sonya I live in Gloucester UK, we are here for three years while my husband is studying at Bible College. I am the mother of a 12 year old girl a 2.5 year old boy and a 6 month old boy, I love recieving the newsletters and getting the little prject links but also hearing about the latest project judys involved in and her life. Thank you judy it brightens my day to grab a cuppa and read the latest email and daydream over all the links God Bless Sonya xx

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.