logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello and Brightest Blessings to Everyone here at BellaOnline. As I continued on my quest for the perfect gifts for my grandchildren I looked at all the other shoppers and noticed a tense and strained expression.

Are you having this same tension? How are you preparing for the holidays? Do you celebrate the holidays? If so tell us about the special things you do and how you share with others.

What a better time than now for us to be so thankful. Especially with our economy still struggling, families still under the strain of low income and we mustn't forget our Soldier's and the sacrifices they are making as well.

Join us here and let's share some positive and encouraging words to help lift someone up and make their day special.

Have a blessed night.

Sherryl Craig
Philosophy
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Thank you for reminding us to keep an attitude of gratitude. So many indeed are sacrificing for us. So many struggle with less than we have.

I told my husband that I was not stressing over the holidays this year at all because I knew that all I had to do was tell my family and friends that we would not be doing a material Christmas and they would understand. We would still gather together for some good cheer and loving feelings, manage a warm and festive meal...and it would be a wonderful Christmas. In fact, we all could opt to chip in to give a gift to a charitable cause instead of swapping presents.

He thought about it and agreed. Yes, we will be doing a bit of shopping and gift-giving, but I remind myself that it is a choice--not an obligation. And I will not stress over price tags. Thoughtful gifts with good intentions.

I think people are tense and strained because they worry if they have enough money to pay for all the gifts they want to give. We so want to show our love and see the joy on the faces of our gift recipients. But if the recipients knew the pressure it placed on the givers, they would feel bad.

I tell my kids that it isn't about the money. The gift is the love. One story I heard from a teacher was about all the expensive gifts she got at Christmas from well-to-do parents but her favorite gift was a little stone polished until it shone by a poor little boy. He told her he made it nice and shiny for her.

OP Offline
I truly agree. My husband and I made almost the same agreement. We want to spend time with loved ones with the restrictions of expensive gifts and know that the love we share is real and not just about what others can give us. I have a three year old granddaughter who now lives with us full time. My only daughter, her mother, is Bipolar and has also been consumed with drug addiction. She witnessed four of her best friends taken in tragic accidents, two of them, she herself had to help pick up the pieces. She worked as an EMT on the local ambulance service. Two friends were killed in a wreck when they were hit by a train, the other two were local police officers shot down by a man on meth. She just couldn't overcome the mental anguish. She is and always will be a beautiful young woman but right now she cannot be a mother. I want most for Isabelle, my granddaughter to have a joyful Christmas. All she has asked for is a Dora stove. She has been presented with all these ideas but out of all of them that is all she has asked for. When friends heard of my daughters disabilities and her struggles they joined together and have made sure that Belle will have a blessed holiday. I cried when I saw how giving they were. Thank you for all your messages. I look forward to knowing you better and I hope you have an abundance of hugs, kisses, smiles and laughter during your holiday season. Blessings to you my new friend.

Sherryl Craig
Philosophy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.