logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#728628 12/03/11 12:28 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Hi Everyone, I'm Will, i'm a Product design student and i am designing a product for a relatively well known kitchen applience company "Morphy Richards" in a live project. I was hoping to get your opinions about a pasta maker aimed at kids and parents which is designed to engage kids in healthy eating and excited about helping to cook The product will be fuly automated, Will make pasta from scratch in under 10 mins. It will be an extrusion type pasta machine (similar to play dough extrusion toys) so can easily make a whole range of different types of pasta simply by changing discs on the front of the machine. The product will have large areas of clear plastic so the children can see what is happening from flour and eggs going in, to fresh ready to cook pasta coming out. The Product will be designed so children can be involved as much as possible but it will also be incredibly safe with no possible way for a child to be put in danger, due to moving parts being inaccessable when the machine is on and no sharp objects what so ever. I was wondering whether anyone likes the idea and whether as a parents anyone would be interested in this type of product? This is pourly research at the moment so i am not trying to sell you anything just looking for some opinions! Thanks for reading, i look forward to hearing anything you have to say ! Will

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
How coincidental that you posted this. I just did an Internet search looking for a kid-friendly/toy-like pasta machine. I wanted to include it in a gift basket with a Disney's "Tangled" movie theme for my nieces.

Too bad you won't have this product on the market in time for this Christmas!

I would definitely love this product, especially if you included a cookbook that had pasta recipes that incorporated vegetable juices to make tomato pasta, carrot pasta, etc. Kids love colorful pasta! Oh, and don't forget an attachment to make corkscrew or other fun shapes!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I agree with Lori. It sounds great!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

W
OP Offline
W
Thankyou for the quick relpy guys, I Think it is a good product and there isn't really anything like it aimed at kids, Looks like im not the only one! I had thought about a cook book, all kinds of natural things can be added to pasta for colouring. You can even make chocolate pasta too as a sweet treat! The sky's the limit !! Thanks again for you opinions, i will keep this post updated with concept ideas and finally a computer generation of the product. Hopefully "Morphy Richards" will like the idea also and put in place the next steps to get it on to the market! Cheers

F
F
I was just watching Worst Cooks In America with my Little Chefs, the contestants were pulling noodles. My Little Chefs were completely entertained! We cook together every day! I briefly thought about trying that at home until I came to my senses, I didn't know how to do that so how could I teach them! They do love pasta and they do love knowing how things work. I would definitely try this out with my Little Chefs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.