Next Thread
Print Thread
#728075 11/29/11 01:18 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BBBS just came by and picked up 5 bags of stuff. We cleared the house of old clothes and a variety of other things.

It's getting harder and harder for me to find clothes to donate to them each time. I have gone through my clothes so many times now that I'm down to items I really like - but I just don't wear. It's nice to get the closet more clean. And it's not like I'm "out of clothes" by any stretch of the imagination. I still have an entire two-door closet full of dresses, shirts, and tshirts. Plus I have a tall bureau with my sweatpants and sweatshirts and yoga clothes. Plus under-bed drawers with socks and undies and such. So clearly I still have a ton of clothes. It's just at this point that they are all clothes I *would* wear and now it's getting down to the reality of which I *do* wear.

My boyfriend was actually good this time - I brought down **six** boxes from the attic of his old clothes that he hasn't looked through in years. He did in fact finally agree to give some away, things he liked but he'd never wear (he doesn't wear white shirts for example, because he feels they aren't good with his weight). So we whittled him down to three boxes - one of too large stuff, one of too small stuff, and one of memorabilia. So those are labelled and are going back in the attic.

He has OODLES of clothes in general. Massive piles. Lots and lots and lots of tshirts. He has a two-door closet in the bedroom full of them plus one in his office that is super-jam-packed with clothes. Plus large piles in the bedroom. I should take a photo. Then under-bed storage jammed with socks of all varieties, then also a six-drawer bureau with underwear and undershirts and so on. But I'm taking this one step at a time. At least we got the attic better set. Next step will be to work on making a path in his office to the closet in there - we literally can't take one step in the office at the moment - and working on that closet. Clearly since he hasn't been able to GET to that closet in years, whatever in there can't be too critical.

What are you guys giving away to charity this month?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Lisa:

This year nothing.

But in the past I usually would do the clothes routine - drop off at the Salvation Army.

Glad to see you are being active in what you do - ALWAYS admire your involvement - it takes just ONE person to start an idea.

Have an AWESOME day/night Bella Family!!!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I usually don't give away to charity. I do give the good clothes that my kids have outgrown to a friend. Her kids are about the same age, but are smaller than my kids (and go to a different school as to not "embarrass" anyone with hand-me-downs - you know kids sometimes...LOL...

My clothes, I wear until it really is time to throw them away
:-) (stains, holes...etc...)

My daughter had a lot of extra unopened formula that her infant could not use, so that was donated to the Church food pantry.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Gecko
Gecko
We try to clear out our stuff and donate every year, but the reality is that we don't get to it and end up donating once every 3-4 years, when our house is on the verge of "throwing up" from the excess stuff that needs to go!

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.